Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start General Discussions

Expecting your discussion

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Down south we some Gothras common such as
    Athreya, Bhardwaja, Kousika, Viswamithra, Vadoola, Sri Vathsa etc., etc., Is it the case throught out Indian among Brahmins of Andhra, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra,
    Gujarath, Bengal, MP Kashmiris and the rest of India?
    VSR

Comment

Brahmins origin is North India.
      Then spread to South.
      Brahmins are all the heirs of Seers (Rushis).
      Actually when a boy performs the Upanayana Karma then he is called brahmin after getting brahmopadesam.
      NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

I hv read in an article the following slokka "thithestu srikaram proktva
        Varad ayur vivardanam
        Nakshthrat harathe papam
        Yogath roga vimochanam
        Karanath karya sidhimcha
        Panchangena nigadyathe"
        With basic knowledge in Sanskrit one can understand the above slokas. But in todays practice if I want to start something new I generally go by my birth star. Which is
        correct. Second in Jyothisham we hv vakhyam and drik. Followers of he both the method assert that their method is correct. Because of the difference in both the
        system sometimes the nakshathram is changed or the lagnam is changed. In which case how to trust the prediction made: or a particular muhurtha lagnam to be correct?

I wish somebody could clarify my above doughts. It might give room for further
        discussion.
        Last edited by vsrajagopalan; 03-09-11, 03:48. Reason: since there is no reply so far!

Comment

Working...
        X