Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explanation of karmas after death

Respected Swamin,

You are doing wonderful service to the vaishnavites and other hindu people and I always respect your esteemed services.

Kindly let me know the details of Igal (இகல்) on the next day of varushabdeegam. Why a sugar cane is taken by the pandits and finally why this has been broken into two? What is the significance of this and who has started this in the earlier days?

With sincere pranams,

Kodiyalam Josiyam Madapusi
    Venkataraghava Dasan
    Dear Sir,
    I request all to ask your public questions publicly in the forum and personal questions through personal email.
    I hope there will be nothing personal about rituals and sampradayams.
    Now,
    First of all the thing mentioned "Next day to Varushabdhikam" is not "Igal" it should be mentioned as "Dhathiyaradhanam".
    I shortly explain both here.
    Igal is not correct it should be pronounced ad "Iyal":
    If a person attains Acharyan Thirvadi by leaving the body, the kainkaryam will be done as two types.
    1. For Sareeram
    2. For Atma
    Dhahanam (bruning) done on the day of death & Sanjayanam done on the 2nd day with the bones.
    As per sastra, A brahmna sareeram should not be left to go decay, so it should be burnt within 12 hours from the time of death.
    The remaining parts as bone also should not be given up, hence it is completely collected from the Smasanam and
    after doing some samkarams and santhi mantras it will be placed in a deep ocean or river.

The above two are Sareera Karma and it is not related to the Atma karma.
    The second Atma Karma should be started immediately after dhahanam and even before snajayanam.
    The atma will be called and kept in a stone at two places and the karma will be done up to sapindeekaranam as per sastras.
    As per sastras the soul will promoted to pitru devada which is later eligible for going to swargam step by step.
    Up to this step all procedures are common for all brahmins.

As a Sri Vaishnavan already requested for Moksham through an Acharyan by shyamasharanam, at this step Vishnu Dhoothas
    will come and take the soul to Vaikuntam by placing a representative at pitru sthanam instead of this soul.

When the soul is going to Vaikuntam on the way, all the devadas like Bhrahma, Indran, Agni, Yaman, Niruridhi, Varunan,
    Vayu, Soman, Isaanan, Kuberan, Grahas, stars, Uthrayan devada, sukla paksha devada, Athi vahikas etc. etc. with all their
    subordinate devadas are doing all type of upacharams to this soul.
    We can imagine this, when perumal purappadu is going through all Maada Veedhi, all bhakthas will stop perumal at every residence
    and will do upacharams with coconut, fruits betal nuts etc.
    The iyal is nothing but a rehearsal done at our house what is going for the soul on the way to Vaikuntam.
    Sugar cane is the symbol of Alwar Khoshti who are doing Divya Prabanda paarayanam.
    The sugarcane will be broken at the end of Iyal which denotes that the soul reached its destination / Origin.

The Dhathiyaradhanam is nothing but a get to gather done by the kartha for all his friends and relative for the hard task
    (doing of Masiyams without break, and he is able to live to complete that task), and getting Asirvadhams from all elders of he family.

Note:- The kartha is banned to do any celebrations for one year, and he is not able to take part in any celebrations hence he is
    celebrating this occasion with his well-wishers for the break of ban and released from conditions.
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Respected Swamin,

Thank you for this wonderful information portal. It is of great
    Service to young Brahmins like me from Singapore. I have a small query on behalf of my mum.
    My maternal grandmother passed away in India on Aippasi KrishnaPaksha Trayodasi.
    That day is arriving soon. As she passed away as a sumangali, my mum would like to
    place a sari along with fruits as an auspicious offering in memory of her at our Singapore home. This year, that particular tithi is falling on the 24th October at about 930 am and finishes on the 25th about 7 plus am. All are Singapore timings. Should my mum do the needful on the 24th or 25th morning?
    My personal knowledge of rituals is limited to my own nityakarna like SandhyaVandanam,
    Upakarma and etc. I am clearly unaware of these other things. I humbly request your kind self to advice me.

Humbly,
    Kanchidasa

Comment

Dear Kanchi Dasa Swamin,
      It is very pleasure to help for this type kainkaryams.
      All rituals regarding to Pitrus should be done on the day the most part of the particular thithi is taking part in the afternoon a day.
      So, as per this sastra rule, and as per your details
      the ritual to be done on 24th .
      Best Regards,
      nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Namaskarams Swamin
        Thank you very much for your kind and prompt reply.
        Please continue this great service. It is a blessing to us.

Kanchidasa,
        Singapore

Comment

Re: Explanation of karmas after death

srI:
          Dear Mama,
          Very nice description of Iyal, adiyen was aged 17 when adiyen's grandfather passed away in Thuvariman, being anadhyayana kalam desika prabhandha was chanted and adiyen's father carried karumbu throughout the agraharam, it was very beautiful, everybody offered fruits/ flowers/ namaskarams, now adiyen understand the significance

Comment

Dear Mugundan,
            Well said, why don't you write an article about the kainkaryam and what are have been done at that time in your remembrance as your experience and as a thread starter to get the participation of other members.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear swamin,
              Its a rare opportunity for few blessed people like me who gets a chance to go through these blogs otherwise there are no chances to know these details as these are not explained at the time of performing these rituals. Thank you very much.

Comment

Sri:
                The below two postings also will be informative regarding karmas.

http://www.brahminsnet.com/forums/sh...armas#post1656

http://www.brahminsnet.com/forums/sh...karmas#post324

Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
                X