Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive thinking: a story to learn from this New Year

Here is a message from Pujya Bhaishri Rameshbhai Oza, which
    I would like to share on the eve of New Year 2015.
    Regards,
    Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.

Positive thinking: a story to learn from this New Year

It was a very dark night. It was pitch black with no moon or stars in the sky. A young man needed to travel for some urgent work to the next village but was unable to see anything in the dark. Thus, he stood there puzzled on how to get to the next village.

A noble saint passing by saw the puzzled young man and asked,” What’s the problem my dear?” The young man replied, “I need to go to the next village urgently, but how will I get there? I can’t see anything!”

The saint lit a lamp and gave it to the man saying, “Here, if darkness is the issue then light is the solution. Now start walking.”

The man looked at the lamp, then around him and once again disappointingly said, “Sir, this lamp only spreads light up to ten feet and the darkness continues after that. This lamp will not help."

The saint replied, “You start walking, the brightness will walk with you”.

What does this story teach us?

Firstly, we need to understand the aim of our life from a great person or saint. What do I want to be? Which direction do I need to take? It is necessary to implement great thoughts and teachings in our life. It is important to receive one such inspirational thought from a great person that will spread brightness in our life.

But, the most important point is, do we have that intense desire to progress in our path?

Now that we know the aim and have the desire, we will achieve nothing by merely concentrating on the darkness instead of the lamp. This is where positive thinking and implementation is vital.

During my travels to America, I read this in a book which touched my heart, “Ten minutes of positive thinking has the power to balance out a whole day’s negativity”. This is why our scriptures advise us to pray three times in a day, known as trikal sandhya. If one prays early in the morning, remembers God in the afternoon and constantly recollects that God is with me, then one will always live in motivation and hope. Then, the day ends with remembering God; this way ten minutes of positive thinking will remove the whole day’s negativity.

When these ten minutes of positive thinking slowly increase with time, then how positive can one fully become!

This New Year, let us all understand the aim of our life and begin to walk with positivity and motivation.

A Happy 2015 to all of you!

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote Report Post

Re: Positive thinking: a story to learn from this New Year

Thank you,Sir,for a nice post. Positive thinking helps in kindling hope in us and help us face troubles.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND ALL MEMBERS.
    Varadarajan

Comment

Originally posted by Brahmanyan View Post
      Ten minutes of positive thinking has the power to balance out a whole day’s negativity”. This is why our scriptures advise us to pray three times in a day, known as trikal sandhya. If one prays early in the morning, remembers God in the afternoon and constantly recollects that God is with me, then one will always live in motivation and hope. Then, the day ends with remembering God; this way ten minutes of positive thinking will remove the whole day’s negativity.

Sri:
      Dear Brahmanyan Sir,
      Well knitted with the example!
      Good quote for Starting the New Year!
      Best wishes for the New Year!
      Thanks for sharing.
      dasan,
      NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள் 2015,
        ப்ரஹ்மண்யன்
        பெங்களூரு

எல்லோரும் இன்புற் றிருக்க நினைப்பதுவே
        அல்லாமல் வேறொன் றறியேன் பராபரமே
        சினம் அடங்கக்கற்றாலும் சித்தியெலாம் பெற்றாலும்
        மனம்அடங்கக் கல்லார்க்கு வாய்ஏன் பராபரமே.

(தாயுமானவர்)

Comment

Working...
        X