Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swami Chinmayananda's Birth Centenary Clebrations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swami Chinmayananda's Birth Centenary Clebrations.

Swami Chinmayananda's Birth Centenary Clebrations.
    This is the most valuable Photo of our family taken in 1954 with Pujya Sri Swami Chinmayananda in our house at Coimbatore. Sri Swamiji was my first Guru who initiated me into the path of spiritual quest. Sri Swamiji was born on May 8, 1916. He was ordained into Sanyasa by Swami Sivananda Saraswathi on 25th of February 1949 at Rishikesh. As per the wishes of his guru, swami Chinmayananda proceeded to Uttarkashi and spent eight years studying the scriptures at the feet of Sri Swami Tapovanji Maharaj in the high Himalayas . After completing his studies, Sri Swamiji came down to the plains and travelled extensively " To convert Hindus to Hinduism" by his lectures and literature.

"Apart from lecturing Swami Chinmayananda wrote commentaries to major Vedantic texts as well as many of His own books that dealt with different aspects of true religion, including books for children. His approach is unique. By the use of scientific logic and simplicity of style He made the profound scriptural knowledge easy to understand and brought it closer to us by illustrating it with examples from our own life. Written in modern language they perfectly serve the needs of the modern people". (Chinmaya Mission, Chicago).

By the grace of God, I had the good fortune of associating myself as joint secretary to organize his seventh gnana yagna in India (first in the Coimbatore) as a College student in 1954.

Inaugurated by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam on Wednesday the 6th of May, Sri Swamiji's birth centenary is being celebrated through out this year. He spread the message of Vedanta to the English speaking youngsters of my generation. On this happy occasion I salute and pay my respects to this great spiritual Guru.

Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.
    [/INDENT]
    [/COLOR]
    Last edited by bmbcAdmin; 09-05-15, 21:37.

Re: Swami Chinmayananda's Birth Centenary Clebrations.

Sri:
    Dear Respected Brahmanyan Sir,
    Where is the Photo?
    Forgot to add? or any trouble to add?
    Pl. send it through email to add here.
    dasan,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Respected Sri NVS,

Namaskaram,

I could see the photo in my post. How ever when I try to upload the same with this message it fails !
      I may need your guidance in this regard.

Brahmanyan,
      Bangalore.

Comment

Originally posted by Brahmanyan View Post
        Respected Sri NVS,

Namaskaram,

I could see the photo in my post. How ever when I try to upload the same with this message it fails !
        I may need your guidance in this regard.

Brahmanyan,
        Bangalore.
        Sri:
        Respected Sri.Brahmanyan sir,
        That will show you, because the photo is in your computer.
        You have copied the content as it is from some other website and pasted here without changing the url of the photo.
        You have to again attach the photo in our website to fetch it from our webserver.
        Their webserver will not allow their content to show in our website.
        Now I made it possible for you.
        Just use the attachment facility to attach any photo from your computer.
        Otherwise you have to give the url only found within double quotation mark.

dasan,
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
        X