Performance of Abdhapoorthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance of Abdhapoorthy

Swamin, I would request your guidance in connection with the captioned subject.

When the birth star of the child occurs twice in a month (in the tamil calender) when is he Abthapoorthy and Ayuish homam is to be performed-whether on the first occasion or the second one.There appears to be different practice. If your good self do not mistake me I feel it is better to celebrate the same on the day nearer to the actual date of birth according to the English calender.Kindly pardon me if I am impertinent--kannan

Re: Performance of Abdhapoorthy

When the birth star comes twice in a month it is the usual practise to do it on the second star day. in the tamil month birth star day.as written by s. v. RADHAKRISHNA SASTRIGAL and published by sri surabhi jagatgurusathapthy publications lakh view road west mambalam chennai 600033.in page no.19 in dharma sastram. book.

Comment

On the tamil varusham birth month and on birth star abhtha poorthy homam must be done. As per aapasthamba soothram yajur vedham i am here with giving the details for iyers. In form all your relatives and friends in advance. Inform marriage contacter for coffee, tiffin, and meals required on that day. If you want to take photo or video inform those people to come there. Usally this will done in the child's father's house. If you are very rich you can select some kalyana mandapam for this. required paper bags to put thaamboolam, fruit or coconut , if gift , sweets and savoury, should be bought.as per the financial position of each individual this can be done.

If you want to give some gifts to your friends and relatives calculate the nos. and have it purchased. Also if it is in your house shamiana. dining table and chairs paper cups for water and coffee are required. please make arrange ments for them.. If you want to send invitations have them printed or write in post cards , e mail; phone calls should be done.

On the muhurtham day the babe's parents and the child should take oil bath in the morning. The kartha and his wife must wear pancha kachham and madisar.have marks in the fore head chandanam or vibhuthi and kumkumam. Do aachamanam and then do anuggai=Permission..vigneswara pooja; punyaha vachanam. graha preethi;Nandhi shobhana devatha aahvaanam.

If naamakaranam had not been done now you can do . Then EAR BORING. Then kalasa sthaapanam. varunan and Ayur devatha and nakshathra devadha aavaahannm.thryambaga rudhran aavaahanam.shodasa upachaara pooja; HOMAM. shatpaathra prayogam. Agni mugam, samithu, annam, ghee homam. do homam by chanting mruthyanjaya homam., aayushya sooktham, nakshathra devatha manthra homam.swastakrith and jayathi homam. uthraangam.

Punarpooja to kumbham, kumbha theertha prokshanam, praasanam, snanathi. homa raksha ; havis praasanam, Aasirvadham. haarathy. dhothy, saree, javuli, odhi iduthal.

Dhothy, thundu, saree, blouse bit, paruppu thengai, kaaparisi; katti paruppu, sandanam; kumkumam, manjal,betel and betelnut, flowers. fruits, sugar, kalkandu ear ring in gold,, sweets and savory shirt and pant for the child , modhira panam should be placed in the mandapam by the maternal granfather of the child. Ethir mariyadhai will be done by the child's paternal grand father to the maternal grandfather , betelnut, betel, santhanam, kumkumam. sugar, kalkandu, fruits and flowers, and money.

Turmeric powder 100 grams, kumkumam 50 gram, sandal wood powder 10 gram, coconut 4 nos. betel leaves 100 nos; betel nut50 gram; paaku pottalam, 100 nos. scented chunnambu one bottle. haaram. 1 no. thodutha pushpam 10 mulaqm. uthiri pushpam for archanai 250 gram; plantain leaf or old news paper 2 nos; wheat 1kilo; raw rice 1 kilo; ghee 500 grams; homa kuchhi porasu or arasu 6 bundles. vadhyar sambhavanai.

Havis 250 gram, mango leaf bunch 2; homa kundam or bricks (6 Nos.). sand 10 kg; vratty 10 nos; srai thool or broken woods 2 kilo. Brass sombu or brass kudam 1. ; scented sticks 1 pocket; camphor 1 pocket; kuthu vilakku; thiri; oil; match box; visiri; aasana palagai or thadukku 4 nos; pancha paathra uthirini; thaambaalam and trays 4 nos. kinnam in brass or in paakku mattai 6 nos; doopa kaal; dheepa kaal;

Comment

Originally posted by poondikannan View Post
        Swamin, I would request your guidance in connection with the captioned subject.

When the birth star of the child occurs twice in a month (in the tamil calender) when is he Abthapoorthy and Ayuish homam is to be performed-whether on the first occasion or the second one.There appears to be different practice. If your good self do not mistake me I feel it is better to celebrate the same on the day nearer to the actual date of birth according to the English calender.Kindly pardon me if I am impertinent--kannan
        Originally posted by kgopalan View Post
        When the birth star comes twice in a month it is the usual practise to do it on the second star day. in the tamil month birth star day
        I second Sri Gopalan,
        If the second star's duration is less than 12 Nazhigai from Suryodhayam, then you can do it on the first star, but both of the day is having the duration of the star more than 12 nazhigai i.e till 10.48 am then you have to do in the second start only.

All other Items are well described by Sri Gopalan,
        If you still have any doubt in the vaideeka procedures you can post further to continue this dicussion.
        thanks for posting this.
        NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
        X