Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snana Vidhi

Namaskarams,

Very soon I will have an opportunity to go to Godavari Pushkara Snana and have been practicing the Vaideeka Snana Vidhi mantras and procedure. I have few doubts, so thought i should seek advice on the same on the forum from learned people.

As a part of any punya nadi snanam we need to perform Sankalpam, sookta patanam, marjanam, agamarshanam, and tarpanam which are the pancha angam of Snana vidhi. My questions are.

1. Can I get a pdf of Snana Mahasankalpam for punya nadi snanam in sanskrit. Or is it the same as the Avani avittam snana mahasankalpam ?

2. Dharma Shastram mentions to perform tarpanam at the Nadi for Devatas, Rishis and the pitrus. So does it means just after the bath while standing in the river with wet clothes we should do "Brahmayagyam" which involves deva, rishi and pitru tarpanam ? So are there some other tarpana mantras while having a bath, for devas, rishis and pitrus we should chant ? Can i get a pdf of the same if possible if its other than Brahmayagya mantras.

3. We also have to offer argya to Soorya/Savita during the bath. Does this mean that we perform the poorva bhaga of Sandhya vandanam till navagraha, keshvadi tarpanam which would anyway include the argya pradanam to Soorya chanting gayatri mantra with wet clothes standing in water ? Then come out of the water wear fresh clothes and just do the Gayatri japam. Or we just offer argya by chanting gayatri mantra after bath, then come out of water, wear dry clothes and full Sandhya vandanam ?

I would be happy if someone can clarify my doubts.

Regards,

Re: Snana Vidhi

Hello

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X