No announcement yet.

Swami Dayananda Saraswati Passes away .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swami Dayananda Saraswati Passes away .

Sri Swami Dayananda Saraswathi (Aug, 15, 1930- Sept 23, 2015)
    With utmost grief I wish to inform the passing away of great Vedantin and Guru Swami Dayananda Saraswati on
    Wednesday September 23, 2015 at his Ashram in Rishikesh. He was the first disiple of Swami Chinmayananda (Sri Swamiji) to be ordained into Sanyas in 1962 by Sri Swamiji. Swami Dayananda Saraswati was closely associated with Swami Chinmayananda in settingup of Sandipani Sadhanalaya, at Powai, Mumbai to train younger generation in Vedanta.
    I have known Sri Dayananda Saraswathi from his premonastic days in 1954 as Sri Natarajan . He was deputed by Swami Chinmayananda to guide us to organise his first Gnana Yagna in Coimbatore in 1954. Thus I had the opportunity to work with him closely under his guidance. By nature he was a quiet person, but dynamic in action. He used to translate Sri Swamiji's English Lectures into Tamil every day.

After gaining knowledge and erudition in Vedanta, Swami Dayananda Saraswathi branched off to establish his own Ashram "Arsha Vidya Peetam"at Rishikesh and at Anakatti near Coimbatore. His Ashram at the banks of holy Ganga at Purana Jadi at Rishikesh is a welcome abode which is free for spiritual seekers. He has established Veda Patasala near his birthplace Manjakkudi (Tanjavur Dt). He has also established Schools for under privileged in many places. He has been giving lectures in India and abroad on the subjects of Vedanta. He has also published on subjects relating to our Hindu philosophy.

Sri Dayananda Saraswami has inspired many people. As Mr Narendra Modi has put it in his message " He was a powerhouse of knowledge, spirituality & service"

His passing away is a great loss for spiritual seekers.

Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.
Working...
X