Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUOTES FROM BHAGAVAD GITA

Courtesy:Subramaniam Balachandran

BELOW ARE SOME OF THE SAYINGS / PREACHINGS OF LORD KRISHNA FROM BHAGWAD GITA:

"yada yada hi dharmasya
    glanir bhavati bharata
    abhyutthanam adharmasya
    tadatmanam srjamy aham"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Four verse 7)

"Sri Krishna said: Whenever and wherever there is a decline in virtue/religious practice, O Arjuna, and a predominant rise of irreligion—at that time I descend Myself, i.e. I manifest Myself as an embodied being."

"paritranaya sadhunam
    vinasaya cha duskritam
    dharma-samsthapanarthaya
    sambhavami yuge yuge"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Four verse 8)

"Sri Krishna said: To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium."

"karmany evadhikaras te
    > ma phalesu kadachana
    > ma karma-phala-hetur bhur
    > ma te sango 'stv akarmani" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 47)
    >
    > "Sri Krishna said: You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty."

"na jayate mriyate va kadacin
    nayam bhutva bhavita va na bhuyah
    ajo nityah sasvato 'yam purano
    na hanyate hanyamane sarire" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 20)

"Sri Krishna said: The soul is never born nor dies at any time. Soul has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. Soul is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. Soul is not slain when the body is slain."

"vasamsi jirnani yatha vihaya
    navani grhnati naro 'parani
    tatha sarirani vihaya jirnany
    anyani samyati navani dehi"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 22)

"Sri Krishna said: As a human being puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones."

"nainam chindanti shastrani
    nainam dahati pavakah
    na chainam kledayanty apo
    na sosayati marutah"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 23)

"Sri Krishna said: The soul can never be cut to pieces by any weapon, nor burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind."

"man-mana bhava mad-bhakto
    mad-yaji mam namaskuru
    mam evaishyasi satyam te
    pratijane priyo 'si me"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Eighteen verse 65)

Be aware of me always, adore me, make every act an offering to me, and you shall come to me; this I (Krishna) promise, for you are dear to me.

So Let's Surrender to the will of God & be devoted to Lord Krishna. By doing so God shall always protect us in life.
    To be continued....
Working...
X