QUOTES FROM BHAGAVAD GITA
    Courtesy:Subramaniam Balachandran

Continues
    "karmany evadhikaras te
    ma phalesu kadachana
    ma karma-phala-hetur bhur
    ma te sango 'stv akarmani"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 47)

"Sri Krishna said: You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty."

So it is doing our job / duty in a proper manner that gives true happiness in life. So let's do our job / duty properly without much caring for, how much money it shall generate.

"yada yada hi dharmasya
    glanir bhavati bharata
    abhyutthanam adharmasya
    tadatmanam srjamy aham"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Four verse 7)

"Sri Krishna said: Whenever and wherever there is a decline in virtue/religious practice, O Arjuna, and a predominant rise of irreligion—at that time I descend Myself the Lord of the universe, i.e. I manifest Myself as an embodied being."

"paritranaya sadhunam
    vinasaya cha duskritam
    dharma-samsthapanarthaya
    sambhavami yuge yuge"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Four verse 8)

"Sri Krishna said: To deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to reestablish the principles of religion, I Myself appear, millennium after millennium."

"ye tu dharmamritam idam
    yathoktam paryupasate
    sraddadhana mat-parama
    bhaktas te 'tiva me priyah"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Twelve verse 20)

"Sri Krishna says to Arjuna: Those who follow this imperishable path of Devotional Service and who completely engage themselves with faith, making Me the supreme goal, are very, very dear to Me." (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Twelve verse 20)

So let's always engage in Devotional service of the Lord. Let's sing His glories so that He can always be merciful on us. If we shall do such Devotional service to the Lord then we shall get special mercy of Him

"mattah parataram nanyat
    kincid asti dhananjaya
    mayi sarvam idam protam
    sutre mani-gana iva"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Seven verse 7)

"Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, there is no truth superior to Me. All this Universe, Every living being & Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread." (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Seven verse 7)

So Let's surrender our ego in the Divine feet of the God & adore Him only so that He can give us a blissful life.

"tam eva saranam gaccha
    sarva-bhavena bharata
    tat-prasadat param shantim
    sthanam prapsyasi sasvatam"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Eighteen verse 62)

"Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, surrender your ego fully unto the God. By His grace you will attain transcendental peace and the supreme and eternal abode."

Just like a Pitcher (earthen pot for storing water) needs to submerge in Water to get it Filled so we need to surrender our ego in the Divine feet of God so that He can fill our life with bliss.

"dehi nityam avadhyo 'yam
    dehe sarvasya bharata
    tasmat sarvani bhutani
    na tvam socitum arhasi"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 30)

Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, he (Soul) who dwells in the body can never be slain. Therefore you need not grieve for any living being."

Let's understand that Soul living in everyone's body is immortal & never dies, it changes one body to other. So we should not grieve for anyone. We meet & get separated in this life as per the Karmas done together in earlier births.

"na tv-evaham jatu nasam
    na tvam neme janadhipah
    na chaiva na bhavisyamah
    sarve vayam atah param"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 12)

"Sri Krishna said to Arjuna: In fact, there was never a time when I was not or You did not exist or all these kings were not; nor it is a fact that in the future We all shall cease to exist."

As a Soul... we all exist birth after birth, our body dies but we as a Soul are Immortal & go on living birth after birth, We all are Immortal

Below are Quotes in Bhagwat Gita, which describe the Soul, or Atman, in detail:

"dehino-asmin yatha dehe
    kaumaram yauvnam jara
    tatha dehantar-praptir-
    adhiras tatra na muhyati"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 13)

"Sri Krishna said: Just as boyhood, youth & old age are attributed to the soul & the embodied soul continuously passes through these cycles, similarly the embodied soul passes into another body at death. The wise man does not get deluded & bewildered with such a change."

"avinasi tu tad viddhi
    yena sarvam idam tatam
    vinasam avyayasyasya
    na kascit kartum arhati"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 17)

"Sri Krishna said: Know that to be imperishable & indestructible, by which all this is pervaded; for none can bring about the destruction of this indestructible substance, the imperishable soul."

"antavanta ime deha
    nityasyoktah saririnah
    anasino 'prameyasya
    tasmad yudhyasva bharata"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 18)

"Sri Krishna said: All these bodies pertaining to the indestructible, immeasurable and eternal living entity / soul are spoken of as perishable; therefore, fight, Arjuna."

According to Bhagwat Gita, the Soul, or Atman, neither slays not can it be slain (Chapter 2.19).

"ya enam vetti hantaram
    yas chainam manyate hatam
    ubhau tau na vijanito
    nayam hanti na hanyate"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 19)

"Sri Krishna said: They are both ignorant, he who knows the soul to be capable of killing and he who takes it as killed; for verily the soul neither kills, nor is killed."

According to Bhagwat Gita, the Soul, or Atman, is never born, never dies and after coming into existence never ceases to be. It is nitya (always), shasvatah (permanent) and purana (very ancient) (Chapter 2.20).

"na jayate mriyate va kadacin
    nayam bhutva bhavita va na bhuyah
    ajo nityah sasvato 'yam purano
    na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 20)

"Sri Krishna said: The soul is never born nor dies at any time. Soul has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. Soul is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. Soul is not slain when the body is slain."

"vedavinasinam nityam
    ya enam ajam avyayam
    katham sa purushah Arjuna
    kam ghatayati hanti kam"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 21)

"Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, how can a human being who knows that the soul is indestructible, eternal, unborn and immutable kill anyone or cause anyone to kill?"

According to Bhagwat Gita, the Soul, or Atman, does not suffer & cannot be tainted. At the time of death it does not die, but leaves the body and enters into a new one (Chapter 2.22).

"vasamsi jirnani yatha vihaya
    navani grhnati naro 'parani
    tatha sarirani vihaya jirnany
    anyani samyati navani dehi"
    (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Two verse 22)

"Sri Krishna said: As a human being puts on new garments, giving up old ones, the soul similarly accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones."

According to Bhagwat Gita, the Soul, or Atman has the properties that Weapons cannot pierce it, fire cannot burn it, water cannot moisten it and wind cannot dry it (Chapter 2.23).

To be continued
Working...
X