X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch of a master

Touch of a master

Courtesy:Sri.PK.Seshadri

Kalipada Ghosh was a terrible drunkard. He refused to give money to his family, spending it on wine instead. But his wife was very pure. Many years ago, she had come to the Master, seeking some kind of medicine to change her husband's tendencies. The Master sent her to Holy Mother. Holy Mother sent her back to the Master. This exchange went on three times. At last Holy Mother wrote the Master's name on a bel leaf that had been offered to the Lord and gave it to Kalipada's wife telling her to chant the Lord's name. She chanted the Lord's name for twelve years.

When the Master first met Kalipada, he said, "This man has come here after tormenting his wife for twelve years." Kalipada was startled. Then the Master asked him, "What do you want?" Kalipada asked shamelessly, "Can you give me a little wine?" The Master smiled, "Yes I can. But the wine I have is so intoxicating that you will not be able to bear it." Kalipada took him literally and said, "Is it real British wine? Please give me a little to soak my throat." "No it is not British wine", said the Master. "It is completely homemade. This wine cannot be given to just anyone, for not everyone can stand it. If a person tastes this wine even once, British wine will seem insipid to him ever after. Are you ready to drink my wine instead of the other?" For a moment Kalipada thought and said, "Please give me that wine which will make me intoxicated my entire life."

The Master touched him and Kalipada immediately changed as a person. He started to weep.His entire life pattern changed completely at one touch of Sri Ramakrishna. This man became an ardent devotee of the Master and a patron of the Ramakrishna Order.
Working...
X