Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord's feet - Spiritual story

Lord's feet - Spiritual story

Once upon a time, there lived many fishes in a pond. Everyday, they would wake up in the morning with a dread - the fisherman's net! The fisherman would be there every morning, without fail to cast his net. And without fail every morning, many fishes would get caught in it. Some would be taken by surprise, some caught napping, some would not find any place to hide while some others, even though aware of the lurking danger, would simply find no means to escape the deadly net.
    Among the fishes was one young fish that was always cheerful. It had no fear of the fisherman's net and it seemed to have mastered the art of being alive and staying lively. All the senior fishes wondered as to what might be the secret of this little fish. How could it manage so well when their cumulative experience and wisdom were not enough to save them from the net. Unable to bear their curiosity and desperate to find a way to escape the net, all the fishes went to this little fish one evening.
    "Hey little one! We have all come here to talk to you."
    "Me!?" said the little fish, "What do you want to speak to me about?"
    "We actually want to ask you something. Tomorrow morning, the fisherman will be back again. Are you not scared of getting caught in his net?"
    "The little fish smiled, "No! I will not be caught in his net ever!"
    "Share with us little one, the secret behind your confidence and success", the elders pleaded.
    "Very simple", said the little fish. "When the fisherman comes to cast his net, I rush and stay at his feet. That is one place that the net can never reach, even if the fisherman wants to cast! So, I never get caught."
    All the fishes simply marvelled at the simplicity of the little fish's wisdom.
    Similarly when we cling to the feet of the lord we can escape the net He throws at us "Maya".
    Best place to be in!

Re: Lord's feet - Spiritual story

Nice and simple. Thanks.
    Varadarajan

Comment

Working...
    X