X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri choornam

Swamins
    Dasan srinivasan Pranams

Can any body in the forum explain as hw sree choornam ( manjal) is to be prepared at home? What type of manjal ( Kasturi or varali ) forthe choornam?
    I find that the sreeoornam bought in the shops including madam does not stick well in the body.hence the request.
    Dasan Srinivasan

Re: Sri choornam preparation method

Originally posted by KSrinivasan View Post
    Swamins
    Dasan srinivasan Pranams
    Can any body in the forum explain as how "Sri choornam" ( manjal) is to be prepared at home?
    What type of manjal ( Kasturi or varali ) forthe choornam?
    I find that the sreeoornam bought in the shops including madam does not stick well in the body.
    hence the request.
    Dasan Srinivasan
    Sri:
    Procedure which I heard and following
    for preparing Sri-Churnam (yellow).

Turmeric "Kizhangu Manjal " is collected , washed properly then spread on white cloth and then powdered to very fine particles.
    Then powdered and filtered rice flour to be mixed with it
    in the ration of 6:1 (10 grams of fine rice flour should be added to 60 grams fine turmeric powder).
    The mixture / blend should be very perfect.
    The the mixture should be filtered through a very minute permeable filter, so that the filtered powder will be smooth
    and there will be no chunks.
    Actually the filtering was done through a cloth which is called "vasthrkAyam".
    Then "pachai Karpooram" is added. (as a disinfectant ).

The same is then collected and placed on a wooden/silver tray and then prathishta is to be done as possible.
    Then the Sri-churnam can be used.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: Sri choornam preparation method

Thanks for the useful tip
      also I request the procedure for prathishtai
      Dasan srinivasan

Comment

Working...
      X