Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARCHANAI WITH ATCHATHAI

Swamin

I find that some of my brahmin friends are doing archanas at home to their deities with akshathai when

plenty of fresh flowers are available nearby. I would like to know your valued opinion

whether it is in order and to which deities performing archanas with akshathai is taboo.

I would like to be clarified by an experienced and learned person like yourself.

PC RAMABADRAN

Re: ARCHANAI WITH ATCHATHAI

Sri:
    The meaning for "Akshathai" is:
    The rice which is taken out from paddy without striking on it, means,
    the rice should be taken out by opening the skin of the paddy by hands without using any tools.
    "kshatha" - means (kuthu) - knock
    "akshatha" - means gotten without knock
    So, using of that type of akshathai is not dhosham, and also it can be used by mixing with flowers.

Don't mistake me, I have many times pointed out you,
    do not compare or worry about others.
    And also in the view of a deity it is not a big mistake,
    because the "bhAvam" of a bhaktha only observed and not the action.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri:
      The meaning for "Akshathai" is:
      The rice which is taken out from paddy without striking on it, means,
      the rice should be taken out by opening the skin of the paddy by hands without using any tools.
      "kshatha" - means (kuthu) - knock
      "akshatha" - means gotten without knock
      So, using of that type of akshathai is not dhosham, and also it can be used by mixing with flowers.

Don't mistake me, I have many times pointed out you,
      do not compare or worry about others.
      And also in the view of a deity it is not a big mistake,
      because the "bhAvam" of a bhaktha only observed and not the action.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

We are using akshathai during telling vasthraartham akshathaan samarpayami; aabharanaartham akshathan samarpayami, for chathram, chaamaram etc; raajopacharams akshathan samarpayami. But for maha vishnu we never use akshathai as it increase his pain as he is having war with asuras and his whole body will be with wounds. This akshathai will hurt his wound. we will use only tulasi leaves without stem.

no arugan grass archana for durga devi.; no vilvam archanai for suryan. no thumbai flower archana for goddess Lakshmi;For vishnu no oomatham poo and erukam poo archanai. no archanai for saraswathi devi with paarijaatha malar=pavalamalli poo; No thaalampoo for shivan. No malligai flower archana for bhairavar. No tulasi leaf for ganesan= vinaayakan=thumbikai alwar except on vinayaka chathurthy day.

We are made up of pancha butham= air,water, fire, earth and sky. These Gods and these flowers are also made up of these pancha buthas. only percentage of combination varies. The Gunas of each God will change with the addition of these flower combination of pancha buthas. So I think rishis have written like this.

Comment

Working...
        X