True Humility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Humility

True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”

Please read this

Long ago while Dilip Kumar was a big star in Bollywood with all the successes at his feet and yet bigger offers in his kitty, he had a chance encounter with none other than J.R.D Tata. However, it so happened that none of them knew each other. This heart-warming episode was once narrated by Dilip Kumar himself at a public platform as he recounted that flight that carried them both.

Dilip recounted that the passenger sitting on the seat next to his was elderly and was quietly reading his newspaper, occasionally looking outside. With no airs around him, he sipped the tea when it arrived. And while rest of the co-passengers kept looking in Dilip’s direction, this gentleman kept to himself, unperturbed and nonchalant.

This unconcerned attitude of this man left Dilip uneasy who was used to being thronged, lauded and pushed for attention. This is when Dilip in his attempt to strike a conversation asked him, “Do you watch films?"

The man replied,
    "Oh, very few. I did see one many years ago"
    Dilip took the chance to tell him that he worked in films. To this, the man next to him asked, "Oh, that's nice. What do you do?"

Dilip Kumar; "I am a film actor"
    Man; "Oh, wonderful?" There was no further exchange of thoughts whatsoever.
    Once the fight hit the runway, Dilip Kumar held out his hand to the man and said, "It was good to travel with you. By the way, my name is Dilip Kumar"

The man shook hand and smiled,

"Thank you. I am J.R.D. Tata"

As C.S. Lewis said, “True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”

(This post is only for sharing knowledge, no intention to violate any copy rights)

Source:daily.bhaskar.
Working...
X