Aseervatham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aseervatham

பெரியோர்களை சிரியோர்களாகிய வித்யார்த்திக்கள், பிரமசாரிகள்,கன்னிகைகள் ,கிருஹஸ்தர்கள்,சுமங்களிகள்,மற்ற ஏனையோர்கள் தெண்டன் சமர்பித்து சே விக்கும் போது சமஸ்க்ரிதத்தில் என்ன வார்த்தை பிரயோகங்களை உபயோகித்து ஆசீர்வதிக்க வேண் டும் . நரசிம்ஹன்

Re: Aseervatham

Sri.P.S NARASHIMAN Sir
    The commonly heard word of blessing from elders is to live long.
    Elders bless us with ” “Ayushmaan bhava” or “Deerghayushmaan bhava when we prostrate before them.

Ayushman Bhava is the Manthra used by elders to youngsters in almost all ceremonies among Hindus . It means "Live Long". Hinduism attached so much importance to AYUSH or
    LIFE .

In to days world one need health also so along with Ayushman Bhava , Arogyaman bhava is also important.

When Sita meets Hanuman in Ashoka vana, she expresses how true it is that if one were to live for 100 years he would certainly see joy.

“ehi jeevantam aanando naram varsha shataat api” is the famous adage she mentioned

" 'Joy rushes to surviving man even though (it be) as the end of a hundred years' –

Elders usually bless married couple with Dheerga sumangali bhava

Deergh = FOR LONG TIME
    SU = GOOD
    MANGAL Means AUSPICIOUS SIGNS
    BHAVA MEANS BE.

it means be blessed with long period of married life; sumangali means a woman wearing mangala suthra tied by the bride groom on the day of wedding;

When Periyavaa was giving darshan, four or five Vidwans who had come for darshan, were sitting on the floor.

In the course of his conversation (with the devotees), Periyavaa asked them, “When Bhaktas do namaskaram to me, I bless them with the name ‘Narayana, Narayana’. What do you people who are samsAris say for blessing?”
    “We say, ‘[b]dIrgha AyushmAn bhavaH[b]‘; only that is the custom.”
    “What does it mean?”
    “Remain in saukyam for a long time’ is its meaning.”
    Periyavaa asked all the Vidwans present there, one by one. Everyone said the same meaning.
    Periyavaa remained in silence for sometime. Then he said, “The meaning you all said is a wrong one.”

The Pandits were taken aback. Everyone of them was a bade bade Vidwan, and had earned the Siromani title.

For the Samskrta Vaakyam ‘Dirgha AyushmAn bhavah’ even those with a little knowledge of Samskrtam can tell the meaning. Such simple words! Yet Periyavaa says the meaning is wrong?
    “Shall I tell it myself…..?” The Pandits sharpened their ears.
    “Of the twenty-seven Yogas, one is named AyushmAn. Of the eleven KaraNas, one is the called the Bhava. Among the week days, the Saumya Vaasaram falls on a Wednesday. When all these three–on a Wednesday, the AyushmAn Yoga and the Bhava KaraNa–occur together, that day is said to be shlAgya. Therefore, if these three occur together, whatever good phalas would be got, I bless that you may get all those fruits…”

All the Vidwans got up in together and did namaskaram to PeriyavaaL

Regards

Padmanabhan.J

http://mahaperiyavaa.wordpress.com/2...n-bhavah-mean/

Comment

Thank u Mr. Padmanabhan for explainingto me about Aseervatham. But how to bless the Vidyaarthees for good education and good marks in exam, and for kannikais for early marriage, when their elders accompanying them insist to bless them accordingly. Kindly see that We know all that PERIYAVAL said to all of us like the above one he explained to pandits. I thank u once again. With regards. Narasimhan

Comment

Sri NARASHIMAN Sir
        Aseervatham

Our life itself is a blessing. Everyday we receive umpteen, unseen blessings in various forms. An ordinary man feels good when the blessing he gets is good enough to be perceived by him. Most of the blessings go un-thanked, for we do not know whom to thank, for what we received. Even while thanking someone for something our selfish motive will be working behind to see that we do not thank more than we think we got. Most of the favors we receive, we think, are too small to be thanked.

Blessing someone or being blessed by somebody else is a matter of happiness and satisfaction. If someone is happy of you, only then his mouth would utter blessful words for you. On the other side, the person who is being blessed would also feel satisfied. It is a positive situation where happiness is prevailing both the sides.

Here it should be mentioned that blessing can also be expressed through silence. If you have done good to other and his heart felt your goodness but he didn’t found suitable words to express at that point of time. His eyes, facial expressions, smile etc drives the blessing out to us. Here words are not uttered but in spite of silence, we should be satisfied upon his body language

Common word used by most Indians while greeting one another is the word used “NAMASTE
        Namaste is a Hindi salutation or greeting. It’s originally a Sanskrit word. It is a common spoken greeting or salutation originating from the Indian subcontinent. It is a customary greeting when individuals meet, and a salutation upon their parting. A non-contact form of salutation is traditionally preferred in India and Namaste is the most common form of such a salutation. The word Namaste is a combination of the two Sanskrit words: nama, and te. Basically, nama means "to bow" and te means "you." The Namaste salutation was transmitted from ancient India to the countries of South-east Asia, and has now traveled virtually all over the globe. Namaste in Sanskrit means “I bow to you” (nama=bow te=you). Namaste has the following meanings :

“I honor the spirit in you which is also in me. The spirit in me, respects the spirit in you.””

“The light in me sees the light in you.”

"The divinity in me bows to the divinity in you."

It has often been seen that in houses, schools or any other place whenever children wish or touch feet of elders, elders’ utter words which are full of blessings. The words which are being used since ancient times like ‘ayushman bhav’ or ‘chiranjeev bhav’ etc are indicators of blessings. For females, words like ‘saubhagyavati bhav’ are used in form of blessings. These days North Indians use the words like ‘Jeete raho’ and ‘Khush raho’ as a replacement to those ancient Sanskrit words used in South Indian Brahmins; But the central idea is same.

Some Sanskrit Blessings :
        In Sanskrit do not have concept of finishing education so we offer prayer to Saraswati saying: Vidyarambham karishyami...
        Thus never end Vidya.

Bhadram te is the Sanskrit equivalent of God bless you

Kalyana Prasptirasthu or ...sheegramey vivaha prapthirasthu can be used when blessing young unmarried girls.

Generally for happiness Kalyanamastu or Bhavtu sabba mangalam or Sowbaghyamprapthirasthu word is used.

For success in any job/venture/pass in Examination, interview “Ishta Kamyardhi sidhi rastu.” or sahala Kamyardhi sidhi rastu is used

For more wealth “Ashta ishwarya Prapti rastu” or Laxmi kataksha prapthirasthu” is used.

To be always happy elders bless saying “Sarva kale sukhino bhavanthu”

To a person suffering bad patch of life elders bless saying “Eshwara karuna prapthirasthu “

Puthra Labam prapthirasthu or vamsa vridhaya prapthirasthu is used to bless pregnant woman.

Arogyam prapthirasthu or Ayur Arogya sampathi is used to bless someone who is not in good health,

I have given a few of the blessings by elders which I have heard; Learned members in Sanskrit may give you more suggestions.

http://neemyd.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11...-blessing.html

http://www.maanavta.com/english-sect...itual-article/

Comment

Working...
        X