Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kumki - கும்கி

Kumki - கும்கி

Couple of days back, by chance, I saw the Tamil Film KUMKI - கும்கி in the Cable TV network.(Kumki - கும்கி is strange name for a trained elephant). It is a good picture.The Story is simple and takes place in a beautiful tiny village in the hillside forest. The highlight of the film is the attachment between the Elephant and its mahout and the love between the tribal girl and the mahout. The movie marks the debut of Vikram Prabhu grandson of Sivaji Ganesan (son of Prabhu) who acts as Bomman the mahout, the main character. For the first film, this youngster has shown that he is the chip off the old block. Pretty Lakshmi Menon, is the tribal girl and has done her part well. The credit for taking such a different movie should go to the Director Prbhu Soloman who has selected stunningly beautiful locations in Karnataka and Kerala to shoot the picture. The cinematographer Sukumar has done his best to bring out the beauty of the nature in every frame of the shots. The elephant "Manikkam" has done a wonderful job in this film. Other supporting actors Thambi Ramaiah, Ashvin Raja and others have done their job well. Music by D.Imaan is pleasing.

Only point I felt negative was that the end could have been different. But over all, this film will have a good reception among the people who like to see a clean and beautiful family entertainment.

Regards,
    Barahmanyan,
    Bangalore.
    Last edited by Brahmanyan; 22-01-13, 20:05.

Re: Kumki - கும்கி

Sri:
    Yes, I also happen to see this picture two days back.
    It is something different from this days pictures.
    No stunt, No vulgar scenes - dialogues.
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
    X