No announcement yet.

"Adaminte Makan Abu "- Malayalam Movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Adaminte Makan Abu "- Malayalam Movie.

"Adaminte Makan Abu "- Malayalam Movie.

Yesterday I had the opportunity of viewing the Malayalam Movie "Adaminte makan Abu" in Manorama TV. I would consider this film as one of the good pictures I have seen in recent times. The simple story of "Adaminte makan Abu" ( Adam's son Abu) revolves around an aged Mopplah Muslim couple living in a remote village in north Kerala who desire to take Holy Hajj Pilgrimage. The film conveys the message of beauty of human relationship beyond the narrow boundaries of Religion, Caste and the social strata of rich and poor.

I could not believe that this is the first movie of the directer Salim Ahmed who presents the poignant story of Muslim community in this picture. His sincerity and honesty in bringing out the events can be seen in every frame of this picture. Salim Kumar plays the main character, the aged traditional perfume (Attar) hawker Abu, who travels around to sell perfume in-spite of his advanced age. Salim Kumar who appears in light comedy roles in Malayalam movies has done a serious role in this picture. Salim Kumar's outstanding performance as the simple and honest Muslim has earned accolades and several National and State Awards. Zarina Wahab has ably supported as Abu's wife Ayeshumma. Others like Nedumudi Venu, Mukesh and Mani have done their roles well. Director has avoided negative characters and the scenes of fights, dances or charming women, but depended on the strong story value of a family drama, which has won him the honour. Madhu Ambat's brilliant photography has brought the little Kerala Muslim village in its natural beauty.

After watching the sorrow and suffering of an elderly Muslim couple, who struggle to fulfill their life time dream of going on pilgrimage to Hajj, it is tough for any one not to overcome emotional upsurge it creates in us .

This picture was the official entry to 2012 Academy Awards under best Foreign Film Category. But failed to get short listed.

This movie is available in Youtube:
    Adaminte Makan Abu 2011 Malayalam Full Movie - YouTube

Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.
    Last edited by Brahmanyan; 23-01-13, 20:31.
Working...
X