Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUPASANAM CLARIFICATION REQUIRED

Namaskaarams to All,

As all of you are aware that after marriage, a person has to perform nithyakarmaanushtaanam called Aupasanam. Agni is the witness from the date of marriage, hence Agni is to be preserved throughout the life of one person. During this Kaliyuaga, most of our people have forgotten to do nithyakarmaanushtaanams (daily ritual duties), as there is no awareness by and large. In this regard, I would like to get clarifications, such that it atleast reaches to someone to think to uphold the daily rituals which are getting almost getting extinct.

I kindly request seniors / experts to throw light on the following queries with regard to Aupasanam.
    1) Whether Aupasanam to be done with paristharanam (Kusa grass layout), Indra aavahanam and Agni mukandhram?
    2) The main course mantram is
    Sooryaaya Swaaha Sooryaaya itham na mama (eve: replace with Agnaye)
    Agnaye Swishtikruthe swaaha Agnaye Swishtikruthe itham na mama.
    3) While chanting this what is the ahuti we may have to consider – whether havisu (Boiled rice) is to be offered / Ghee is to be offered? How the above oblation is to be split – how may times and the manner of splitting the bagam – whether the ahuthi (Oblation) during the day is Ghee? And ahuthi (Oblation) during evening is Havisu ?
    4) Small clarification on Agni Upasthaanam (Getting up and paying respects to send the deity to abode) – In one book I have studied that abivaathanam should not be done for Agni, group of people, sanyasi, god etc… – However in Samithadhanam and Aupasanam abivaathanam is done for Agni – whether this is correct
    5) FINAL and MAJOR Clarification: There are 2 agnis – one is griha agni and another one is srauta agni – These two are split at the time of marriage.
    Seven pAka yajnas are done in Smarta agni and balance 14 yajnas done in Srauta Agni.
    Grihya Agni is to be used for Aupsanam / Agnihotram.
    It is known that auapsa agni should not be extinguished at any point in time.
    Hence CAN WE store this Grihya Agni in Vilakku (Lamp) – Say this is not correct, the homakundam needs to be fed with Virati (Cow dung or SRAI thool) or else agni santhanam is to be done daily if the agni is extinguished.
    6) Can we do Sthali bagam alone if not done on a daily basis ? If so what is the specific procedure for the days and manner if different from the normal procedure.
    Thanks a lot in advance
    Hari Hara Ramasubramaian
    WITH REGARDS,
    HARI HARA RAMASUBRAMANIAN

Re: AUPASANAM CLARIFICATION REQUIRED

Sri:
    Dear Mr.Harihara Ramasubhramanyam,

I could not understand your level of level of vaideeka knowledge from your postings.

I am giving the answer below your question to avoid repeating the question.

1) Whether Aupasanam to be done with paristharanam (Kusa grass layout), Indra aavahanam and Agni mukandhram?
    Ans: Actually the use of parishtaranam is to protect the agni from unwanted devadas to enter in it.
    When doing with the continued agni from previous agni santhanam, no need to do the agni prathishtai.
    if possible, if darbhams are available place some dharbhams as paristharanam.
    2) The main course mantram is
    Sooryaaya Swaaha Sooryaaya itham na mama (eve: replace with Agnaye)
    Agnaye Swishtikruthe swaaha Agnaye Swishtikruthe itham na mama.
    3) While chanting this what is the ahuti we may have to consider – whether havisu (Boiled rice) is to be offered / Ghee is to be offered? How the above oblation is to be split – how may times and the manner of splitting the bagam – whether the ahuthi (Oblation) during the day is Ghee? And ahuthi (Oblation) during evening is Havisu ?
    Wet rice is to be offered for both ahutis, that should be taken from the hands of your patni, and it should be splited to two parts and the ahuti to be given with the mantram as you have given above.
    4) Small clarification on Agni Upasthaanam (Getting up and paying respects to send the deity to abode) – In one book I have studied that abivaathanam should not be done for Agni, group of people, sanyasi, god etc… – However in Samithadhanam and Aupasanam abivaathanam is done for Agni – whether this is correct.
    Agni should be omitted from that list.
    5) FINAL and MAJOR Clarification: There are 2 agnis – one is griha agni and another one is srauta agni – These two are split at the time of marriage.
    Seven pAka yajnas are done in Smarta agni and balance 14 yajnas done in Srauta Agni.
    Grihya Agni is to be used for Aupsanam / Agnihotram.
    It is known that auapsa agni should not be extinguished at any point in time.
    Hence CAN WE store this Grihya Agni in Vilakku (Lamp) – Say this is not correct, the homakundam needs to be fed with Virati (Cow dung or SRAI thool) or else agni santhanam is to be done daily if the agni is extinguished.
    The agni should be protected without put off by any possible medium, it the agni went off, you have to do the agni santhanam again.
    6) Can we do Sthali bagam alone if not done on a daily basis ? If so what is the specific procedure for the days and manner if different from the normal procedure.
    Can't understand this your question. Which is not done on a daily basis?

Also, if you are really interested, it is better to go to your family vadhyar or a good sastrigal and learn all the things practically.
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: AUPASANAM CLARIFICATION REQUIRED

Dear Sir,
      Thanks a lot for your clarifications !!! My level of knowledge in vaidheekam is limited to the extent i have noted / studied... and am really really interested in performing and upholding the karmanushtaanams. Once again thanks for guiding and clarifying...
      Hari Hara Ramasubramanian.
      WITH REGARDS,
      HARI HARA RAMASUBRAMANIAN

Comment

Working...
      X