Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strict Following of Rituals

Dear sir,
    I have been a regular subscriber to our Network and we have been regularly informed about our rituals and useful info about various aspects of life. Thank you for the same.
    We are a well knit large family and I am the youngest of our generation, 55 years, in our generation. I have many elder cousins, from both parents' sides. Now, many of my cousins and their wives are senior citizens. We have been trying to inculcate the traditional ways of celebrating festivals and rituals, to my two grown up children. Now they are slowly able to understand the joys of celebrating the festivals in traditional ways.

However, as I have already mentioned above, many of my generation relatives are senior citizens and of course, in the next few years, it is only natural that they depart for their heavenly abode. As per our traditions, we are not supposed to celebrate any festival for one year, if any of our "Dayadhigal" pass away. In our family, already there is a demise on Tamil New Year Day this year and we would not be able to celebrate any festival till next year. If any body else passes away, by next year, the same would continue for the next year and subsequent years also.
    If such a scenario, continues for the next few years, it we would not be able to celebrate any festivals. Is there any way out, to overcome this situation.
    Kindly elucidate on this matter, as it may be occurring for some other families also.
    Thank you!

Sivaram G
    Bangalore

Re: Strict Following of Rituals

Sri:
    Dear Sivaram,
    Thanks for your compliment.
    If possible, bring all your family network to our member network of Brahminsnet.
    Making awareness is the main aim to collecting membership and nothing else.

Really it is a very important question, in which lot of learned persons, persons having sound knowledge in sampradaya and shastra also getting confusion.
    When they are not able to give an authentic reply, they are just accepting the view of normal grahastas.
    So, for now as a short reply for your question:
    "Is it necessary to avoid all festivals for one year, in the case of a death of 10 day pangali"?
    There is no need of keeping this formality between pangalis, because there is no shastra mentioning about this,
    I mean there are only four sections in shastras:
    1. VarNashrama dharma
    2. Ahniga dharma
    3. Asoucha dharma
    4. prAyachitha dharma

I will give you the photo copy of headings (index) of every dharma (in Tamil) from which you can easily understand
    that no title is referring to this matter.
    After reading the headings, if you have any doubt about any heading I can give you the photo copy of the detail of that page alone, because I could not give all pages immediately.
    And also, I am planning to give some detailed reply (in Tamil) about this, why often people are getting confusion in this matter.
    So, please wait.
    regs,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

இவ்விஷயத்தில் தங்கள் விரிவான பதிலுக்காக நானும் காத்திருக்கிறேன்

Comment

Sri:
        Here are the title pages, please go through and you may ask detail for any selected title:

தலைப்பு 7ல் அக்னி ஹோத்ரம் பற்றிக் கொடுக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.
        தாங்கள் கண்டிப்பாக இதுபற்றி கேட்பீர்கள் என அறிவதால் அந்தத்த தலைப்பில் உள்ளவற்றை கீழே தருகிறேன்.

7. அக்னி ஹோத்ரம்
        தகப்பன், தமையன் இவர்கள் அக்னிஹோத்ரம் செய்யாதவர்களாயிருந்தால், ஒருவனுக்கு அக்னிஹோத்ரம் செய்ய அதிகாரமில்லை.
        தமையன் அனுமதி கொடுத்தால் (தமையனுடையதை?!) செய்யலாம்.
        தகப்பன் அனுமதி கொடுத்தாலும் செய்யக்கூடாது.

குறிப்பு:- இதற்கெல்லாம் நமக்கு அதிகாரமோ தகுதியோ இல்லை என்பதால் இதுபற்றி
        அதிகம் ப்ரஸ்தாபிக்கத் தேவையில்லை என்று விட்டுவிட்டேன்.
        என்.வி.எஸ்

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Dr.NVS

Comment

I am really Thankful to Brahminsnet for the efforts they have taken to clarify my doubts. Sivaram.G

Comment

இந்த புத்தகம் தற்போது கிடைக்கிறதா? எங்கு கிடைக்கும் என்று தெரிவித்தால் உபகாரமயிருக்கும்

Comment

Sri:
              It is not available now.
              I am also having a xerox copy.
              But, I am preparing all the contents to republish.
              Now A book in English is going to be released on 7th September at Srirangam Dasavatara Sannidhi
              by Sri Ahobila Mutt.
              regs,
              nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

sri,
                will there be any announcement about this publication's release,it's availability,either free of cost or at a price etc., so that one can follow closely to get this book. Thanks.

Comment

Its good that the book is to be published in english on 7 Sep. We would be too glad to have the book, of course with a price tag. Please lets know the details, so as to enable us to have a copy in our homes.

Comment

Sri:
                    I will get the information after the release of the book.
                    You can somebody to Srirangam, on 7th September and get the book from Sri Dashavatara Sannidhi
                    by 11 am.
                    regs,
                    nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

ஸ்ரீ,
                      மேற்க்கண்ட புத்தகம் இப்போது கிடைக்கிறதா. எங்கு கிடைக்கும். என்ன விலையானாலும் வாங்க சித்தமாய் இருக்கிறேன். தெரிவிக்கவும்.இந்த புத்தகத்தைப்பற்றி (வர்னாஸ்ரம தர்ம சாஸ்த்ரம் etc.,) தாங்கள் விவரமாக குறிப்பிட்டு இருந்தீர்கள்.அவசியம் ஒவ்வொரு அந்தனர் குடும்பங்களிளும் இருக்கவேண்டியபுத்தகமாகும்..PSN
                      Last edited by P.S.NARASIMHAN; 07-09-13, 09:39. Reason: to add some more words.

Comment

sri:This same book is not available.
                        But latest editions are available at Sri Ahobilamutt and all ashramams.
                        please check the thread before asking a question repeatedly.
                        nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Respected Sree,
                          I fail to understand why you became upset with my latest question regarding the availability of the book for which you have posted print copy( or xerox copy) I thought that this book is entirely different from one that was to be released by, Ahobila Mutt. You will kindly appreciate that all are not educated to your level and there may be dull persons like me. If by any way you find my question irretating, kindly bear with me. Thanks..PSN

Comment

Is there a book available on this please.

Comment

Working...
                            X