Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hymn on Lord Hanuman of Ghatikachala Kshetra - Sholingur

Dear All,

Greetings and Namaste. Sri Hanumat Jayanti falls on this Saturday and in that connection I am happy to share a short and sweet hymn on Lord Hanuman of Ghatikachala Kshetra (Thirukkadigai) currently known as Sholingur near Chennai. Though the source of this hymn is not traceable, I am given to understand that Ghatikachala is covered in Brahmanda Puranam (again this could be another separate piece which is not part of the print edition).

Lord Hanuman has several stotrams to his credit - at least about 4-5 Ashtottarams, 4 Sahasranamas, 5-6 Kavachas and innumerable stotras, though only a few in the Puranas. Hanuman worship is said to increase one's self-esteem, mental resolve and Rama Bhakti. Hanuman worship is also associated with Saturn/Rahu afflictions. Hanumal Langulastra stotram is considered an effective remedy for Rahu afflictions. Hanuman Chalisa is an effective remedy for all maladies in life.

Panchamukha, Saptamukha, Ekadashamukha Anjaneya Kavachams are considered to be very potent but, as far as I know, they are meant for only those who are initiated into Hanumat Upasana. Further, Hanumat Upasana exacts a very high degree of physical and mental purity - else, the side effects may be disastrous, as I have heard.

Lord Hanuman is also considered as an incarnation of Lord Shiva who took this form to help Lord Rama in his mission - there are several stories/references in this regard. He is also said to be the future Brahma (bhaviShya caturAnanAya namaH).

There are several prayers of Lord Hanuman on Lord Rama in several Purans such as Padma Puran, Adhyatma Ramayana, etc. In Brihad Dharma Purana, Lord Hanuman's prayers to Goddess Durga Devi are also present - especially the prayer offerred when Rama/Lakshmana fainted due to Naga Pasha and Indrajit's Yaga.

May Lord Hanuman bless us all,

With best regards,
    K. Muralidharan (Murali)

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: Hymn on Lord Hanuman of Ghatikachala Kshetra - Sholingur

Srimathe Ramanujaya namah!

Dear Sri Muralidharan Swami,

Grateful for your forward on Sri Ghatikachala Anjaneya Swami.

With best regrads

Damal Pathangi Kannan

Comment

Sri

Namaskaram

Thank you for the posting....and can swami explain to me about the panchamukhi hanuman form.In my living room I have a 3 by 4 feet copper carving of pancha mukhi hanuman mounted on the wall.So I would like to know where did Sri hanumanji took this form of panchamukhi and in which purana ....and another form is that it is green in color and this photo of hanuman is a bit rare because I hv seen only once and I have this picture with me.When you purchase this picture of Sri Hanumanji it comes with a small booklet and in the book it has stated to apply kumkumam and sandanam mix and put a dot on sri hanumanji tail for 48 mandala.

adiyen

dasan

Comment

Dear Swamin,
        thanks for your posting.
        I can not reply for this question immediately.
        I have to refer books.

In the mean while, I request other members who have already having this knowledge or
        already got a reply from a Vidwan can post here.
        dasan,

Members can give link to any outside website, can advertise any good products 100% FREE.
        Can copy and paste the contents from other website with a courtesy message and a proper link to that website.

I request, do not use this forum resource to advertise or popularize adharmic / dharma virodha contents
        and do not use to pollute the human brains with Thamasa, Rajasa contents.
        You can select and change the style by selecting forum lower left corner.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
        X