Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu by Stotram from Padma Purana

Dear All,

Greetings. On this new year eve, may I wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year 2012!

Smooth Smailing of a year with contentment, fulfillment and happiness is not merely dependent on one's personal endeavors. Daiva Bala is also equally important and Hinduism has made this a way of life through its festivals, Vratas and Pujas and other special occasions (It is altogether a different matter that the present-day Hindus, not all but many, seem to be going off-tangent in the newfound capitalist materialism!).

One such occasion is Ekadashi and the coming Ekadashi on 5-Jan-2012 (Vaikuntha Ekadashi) is considered the most sacred of all the Ekadashis in a year. A couple of weeks ago, I had sent the detailed procedure for observing this Vrat (Matsya Dwadashi Vrat) as prescribed in Varaha Puranam, a Puranam which is labeled as the Vaishnaivite Manual of Worship. The sole intended benefit of Ekadashi Vrat (and all Vrats/penances) seems to be destroyal of one's sins accrued over births and Vishnu Priti.

On our own, we may not be qualified for Lord's grace, as Abhirami Bhattar puts it splendidly in his famous Abhirami Andadi:

பரமென்று உனையடைந்தேன் தமியலேனும் உன் பத்தருக்குள்
    தரமென்று இவன் என்று தள்ளத் தகாது ...
    (I have come to surrender unto you. Please do not ignore me as a person who is not qualified (literal meaning - not upto the mark) to be among your devotees... What a choice of words and what a candid reflection of the state of mankind!!! Amazing indeed!!).

Another favorite verse is from Lakshmi Narayana Hrudayam :

पापीनां अहं एकाग्रो दयालूनां त्वं अग्रणीः।
    दयनीयो मदन्योऽस्ति तव कोऽत्र जगत् त्रये॥
    (I am the foremost among the sinners and you are the foremost of the kind/benevolent. Hence there is no one in the three worlds who is fit to receive your mercy. Again, golden words!!)

Our sages have been kind enough to bestow some means to fast-tracking the earning of Lord's Kataksha in the form of stotras and mantras. Without these, our ability to attain Lord's grace on our own is perhaps long-drawn if not of no avail. I am happy to to share two very very rare and very potent to seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu:

1. Yoga Sara Vishnu Stotram from Padma Purana - a quick glance at the phalashruti can prove the immense sacredness and potency of this stotra. Perhaps this Stuti will be useful as a daily prayer to seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu.

2. Vasudevabhi Dana Stotram from Padma Purana - this is yet another rare but very potent stuti for destroying one's sins and seeking the Priti of Lord Vishnu. One who chants this stuti during Shraddha makes the Pitrus fully satisfied and move them to Vishnu Loka - in addition to the benefit one accures personally.

May Lord Narayana bless us all.

With best regards,
    K. Muralidharan (Murali)

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS
Working...
X