Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOCABULARY PUZZLES -The fun way to Ace Standardised tests

Dear Friends,

I have uploaded Vocabulary Puzzles by John T Molly and Rich Norris. It is in PDF format. Please read what Mr.John has to say about this book

How This Book’s Organization and Exercises Help You

This book is divided into three sections, each with exercises scientifically designed to give you a larger, more sophisticated, useful, and permanent vocabulary. In Part 1 you not only complete crossword puzzles made up of potential test words, but you also use new vocabulary words in context. In addition, you are instructed to use each word in two sentences and to write unfamiliar vocabulary words three times. Why put so much time and effort into studying words you are convinced you already know? We found that newly acquired vocabulary words effortlessly slip into students’ writing if they use them in context a minimum of a half-dozen times after they think they know them. That is why Part 2 requires that you double your efforts to study words you are convinced you already know. If you don’t do the exercises in Part 2, you should at least recognize most of the new words you studied when you run across them while reading. However, when writing an essay under the pressure of a timed exam—as students are expected to do on standardized tests—most students use only a small percentage of their new vocabulary and rely almost entirely on their instinctive vocabulary. Years of testing and teaching vocabulary for these standardized tests has convinced us that the best way to make a newly acquired vocabulary word instinctive is to use it over and over in context. That is exactly what the exercises in Part 2 force you to do.

Students who complete Part 2 within 90 days of taking the SAT or similar test are
    most likely to incorporate their new vocabulary into their writing. Keep in mind this 90-day advantage. If you can arrange to do or review Part 2 just before taking the test, do so; it will help. You also can use the flashcards in Part 3 for this review.
    This course is a product of testing and that is why you must follow the instructions in this book exactly. Doing so will give you an edge on standardized tests—in college, in graduate school, and in life.
    So, let’s get started!

John T. Molloy
    4 Vocabulary

The MF link is Here:http://www.mediafire.com/?81lxt848935f3fi

Re: VOCABULARY PUZZLES -The fun way to Ace Standardised tests

Originally posted by narayana View Post
    [COLOR=#0000cd]Dear Friends,
    I have uploaded Vocabulary Puzzles by John T Molly and Rich Norris.
    Dear Sri Narayna,
    Thanks for posting this useful message.
    Also, I guess, that you are very familiar with forum postings, that you have used some bbcodes also
    I have added many custom bbcodes to make the forum posting very easy and interesting.
    I try to post a new thread about bbcodes by which you can post your contents very quick and easy.

Now I wish to say one suggestion, that for uploading pdf files, single image files, mp3 or any sound files etc
    You can use dropbox.com which gives 2GB free space and the very very important thing is, it gives the direct link location for that file.
    By which you can use that link to render that file in the forum itself.
    The advantage is: The member of the forum can decide whether to download or not by viewing or hearing the content here itself.
    For example now I have downloaded the above file and re uploaded to dropbox and linked that file here.
    one more advantage is: Dropbox will give you a folder to save in your computer like mydocument, whatever the files you wanted to upload
    you just drag and drop it in your computer, it will automatically uploaded when the internet connection made. It will be done in the background
    without disturbing you.
    Another advantage, by using the below link, dropbox will provide me some extra space for referring.
    Please try it.
    With your mail ID: you can create a dropbox account using the below link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NT...rrals_fb_post9
    you can save the images, pdf, mp3, everything in that account except video because it is always better to use Youtube for videos.
    Also you can keep your files in two methods 1.Private 2.Public
    You can share public files, for that he will give you the file url, by which you can use the bb codes to show them here properly.
    thanks
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: VOCABULARY PUZZLES -The fun way to Ace Standardised tests

thank you narayana for the upload

Comment

Working...
      X