• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ekadesi Calculations

srI:
    Adiyen live in Fremont, California
    Today is panchami and adiyen was checking the next ekadesi days
    It looks like during sunrise of Jan 18, dasami thithi is still there till 8:00 AM after which ekadesi starts and lasts for 30 hours i.e @ 6:00 Am next day before sunrise (which is @ 7:21 AM). So during sunrise, the thithi is Dvadhasi
    There was no ekadesi thithi during sunrise in either Jan 18 or Jan 19, in situations like this how do we do the ekadesi vradham

In general, please explain the ekadesi vradham/ dvadashi paranam calculations rules

dasan,
    Mugundhan

Re: Ekadesi Calculations

While calculating Ekadasi for Sri Vaishnavas,
    It is followed the previous day Dasami should not even touched that day (Ekadasi day)
    even at Brahma Muhurtham.
    I.e, The Dasmi Ththi should get end well before 4.30 am of Ekadasi day.
    Later I will post the detailed description about it.
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Does that mean, there is no ekadesi fast, there is only dvadasi paranai?

Comment

Originally posted by Mugundhan View Post
        Does that mean, there is no ekadesi fast, there is only dvadasi paranai?
        Not like that.
        You have not understood correctly.
        I mean some times there will be no Ekadasi on fasting day.
        Always dwadasi paranai should be done on the next day to Ekadasi vratam.
        If you are not able to understand the method of calculation, don't do that.
        I have given the list of Hindu festivals for the year 2012 try to find out there.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
        X