Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darshan at temples before Varusha aaptheegam

Respected Sir
    I have received very useful advices from scholars for my questions from this forum. I have one more query and request you to guide me with valuable answer. As written in this column earlier my mother attained Acharyan Thiruvadi on Dasami Thidhi, Revathi Nakshatra (sukla Paksham) on Dec 12th 2013. The varusha aaptheegam falls in Nov 2014 this year. My wife and myself will be visiting India in connection with the same. My question here is whether we can visit all the temples including PAADA Sthalanghal like Srirangam, Kancheepuram to have darshan of Lord. Some of my friends advised me that as we have visited temple on the thirteenth day (subha sweekaram day) there is no bar to visit any temple and have darshan of Lord. They also say that except visiting temples like Thirumala which is on the hill, we can visit other temples.
    Please guide me with your very valuable advise.
    sainathan
    (sainath1951@yahoo.com)

Re: Darshan at temples before Varusha aaptheegam

Sri:
    Sir,
    It is discussed already discussed several times.
    Please visit the below linked page to get detailed reply.
    http://www.brahminsnet.com/forums/sh...ther-or-mother
    There are many other opinions due to lake of understanding of the thathparyam.
    The only logical answer is :
    If one is allowed once to do a thing, it means he is eligible for doing that thing from there,
    so, the kartha is allowed to visit temple on the "Subha sweekaram" day, hence he is eligible to do that from that day.
    Another logic:
    There are people in Hill Temples and many are doing kainkaryam in that hill temples.
    They are allowed to do kainkaryam from the 13th day of their parents death, at that hill temples.
    If there is no restriction to one person in a similar status then there should be no restrictions for others too.

The reason behind the restriction made is :
    If the kartha is allowed to do such things, he will lose the interest in doing pitru karma and he will start going to temples in long distance and hard to visit. Then he will show such things as reason for not doing the masikams and other many pitru karmas in the first year.
    NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
    X