Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ills plaqueing our community

Mr.Varadarajan and other like minded members::
    Ihave been going through all the postings of various members very particularly that of Mr. Soundarrajan. I do not know why Mr.S.Rajan never tried to focusson brahmins matters instead of showing great interest in all other matters. Day-in and day-out our community is undergoing alot of hardships including the evergoing intercaste marriages, eloping with other caste boys and girlsnot to speak about parents themselves encouring such marriages.. Infact I wanted to start adebate on this subject but am not sure how many of our forum members join the debata and take active part in it. I do not want to proceed in the matter unless I a m sure of quite a number of members taking part in it. I now noticed that most of the new members joined very recently in our forum show great interest in our community's culture,past heritage, anmeekamm etc.,Those who are really interested in our community's welfare particularly who oppose intercaste marriages may mention their names under the heading "Joining the debate" .The debate

Re: Ills plaqueing our community

Dear Mr.NVS swamin,
    Iam very sorry to report one or other complaint about our site. Now without any clicking the quick menu simply enters from riht side and occupy half of the page.Thosewho want will go for it. Then why this popup is entering the page from right side. Please see that this is completely avoded and stoped..So many unwanted things are appearing in our site thereby hindering free use of pages.

Comment

Sri:
      Your style is changed to "Default" (which you can change yourself in the "Settings" page)
      You will not get the quick menu till there is no changes made in the style option.
      nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Though the default style isalso good I feel like isolated while using the page. May i request you to revert to my user page to old 'back to basics' of course removing the entry of side popup of newsliding quick menu. Hope this is possible for you to change...Narasimhan
        Last edited by P.S.NARASIMHAN; 05-11-14, 21:13.

Comment

Sri:
          Dear Sir,
          The forum default style is changed to "Default" from "Back to Basics" style for all
          so, you are not isolated.
          This can be conformed by using the below link by any member:
          http://www.brahminsnet.com/forums/pr...do=editoptions
          After getting that page scroll down to bottom and check at the "Forum Skin" Tab
          You will find the active style (Default) for you.
          You change that style to "Forum Default" style, this will not make any changes for you because
          already you are in the same style.

Note:- Whenever a member want to change any of the forum settings to personalize for them
          Please use the below steps:
          1. Click the "Settings" menu found at the top right corner of any page.
          2. After getting the new window you will find a list of "My Settings" menu as shown in the picture below:

Below "My Account" menu, click on the "General Settings" menu, you will get lot of options including "Forum Skin" to change your forum experience!

Below I just copied and pasted the content of that page for you:
          Login & Privacy
          Invisible Mode:
          • Invisible Mode on
          • Invisible Mode off

Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.
          Reputation Level:
          • Show Reputation
          • Hide Reputation

Your current reputation level is displayed to other users whenever you post a message. If you would like to hide your reputation, disable this option.

You currently have 4386 reputation points.
          vCard Download:
          • Allow vCard Download
          • Don't allow vCard download

You may choose to allow other users to download a vCard containing your email address and username.

If you want to keep your email address private, do not allow vCard downloads.
          Messaging & Notification
          Receive Email:
          • Receive Email from Administrators
          • Receive Email from Other Members
          • Receive Friendship Request Email

From time to time, the administrators and/or other members may want to send you email notifications or messages. If you do not want to receive email from certain people then you may disable the options here
          Default Thread Subscription Mode:
          When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
          Private Messaging
          • Private Messaging:
            • Private Messaging on
            • Private Messaging off

This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
          • Receive Private Messaging:
            • Only from Contacts and Moderators
            • From all members

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
          • Email Notification of New Private Messages:
            • Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages
            • Don't receive Email Notification of new Private Messages

The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
          • New Private Message Notification Pop-up:
            • Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
            • Don't show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
          • Sent Private Messages:
            • Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
            • Don't save a copy of sent messages

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.
          Visitor Messaging
          • Visitor Messaging:
            • Visitor Messaging on
            • Visitor Messaging off

This forum features a visitor messaging system that allows members to send messages to one another publicly. If you do not want to receive visitor messages, you may disable the visitor messaging system.
          • Visitor Messages Limit:
            • Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators
            • Don't limit usage of Visitor Messages

You may limit the usage of your visitor messages to just moderators and your contacts.
          Enable notifications for new thumbs on your content?
          • Receive notifications

Notification for new "Thanks" on your posts?
          • Receive notifications

Thread Display Options
          Visible Post Elements:
          • Show Signatures
          • Show Avatars
          • Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
          Thread Display Mode:
          Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.
          Number of Posts to Show Per Page:
          Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
          Default Thread Age Cut Off:
          You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown.
          Date & Time Options
          Time Zone:
          All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.
          DST Correction Option:
          In addition, you may set the appropriate option to allow for daylight savings time in your part of the world.
          Start of the Week:
          Different parts of the world traditionally use a different day as the start of the week. Select the appropriate day for your region here, in order to have the calendar appear correctly.
          Miscellaneous Options
          Message Editor Interface:
          • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
          • Basic Editor - A simple text box
          • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
          Forum Skin:
          There is more than one skin in which you can view the forums. If you would like to switch to a different skin, select it from this list.

Please note that some forums here may override your skin choice temporarily.
          Enhanced Attachment Uploading:
          • Enhanced Attachment Uploading on
          • Enhanced Attachment Uploading off

The forum features an enhanced attachment uploading system that allows you to reuse existing attachments via a drag and drop interface.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use the enhanced system. If you experience problems with the interface, try disabling this option.
          User Customizations:
          • Show User Customizations
          • Hide User Customizations

Other users can make customizations to some of their pages, such as their profile page. With this option you can choose to hide these customizations.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
          please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
          Dr.NVS

Comment

Swamin,
            A very detailedd descriptions on settings! I was not aware of many of these as I was not keen on probing to knowwhat all are possible .
            Thanks for enlightening us,
            It is exhaustive and informative, but we seniors will take some time to read it slowly and understand it fully.
            Thanks again for patiently clarifying.
            Varadarajan

Comment

Sri:
              Dear Swamin,
              I feel, It is my duty to explain everything for members who are interested.
              Thanks for your compliments.
              dasan,
              nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Of late (may be for a week or less), we see an ad in TV where a smartha Brahmin [with vibhuthi and poonal] ,on a scooter approaches a singer in a car and requests for an opportunity to sing in a competition and the singer mockingly says ' oh, here also' and drives away; somehow I felt this is demeaning; the opportunity seeker could have been shown as anyone but without Brahmins' caste symbols. I do not think this as a funny advertisement but as an insult to the particular community.

Comment

I dont find any degrading or demeaning in the reply. Could you please explain in what way it seems to be demeaning to you.

Comment

Mr.Santhanam,
                    Could you elaborate as to which Advt. you are referring to? If possible we can check up and judge.
                    Please provide details of the Ad.
                    Varadarajan

Comment

Working...
                    X