Brahminsnet.com - Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Latest Info from Administrator.
Warm Welcome to www.brahminsnet.com >>> Fast Registration Limited access only! Click to Register with full access!
View RSS Feed

Kausik

Simha Vahanam @ Kanchi varadarajar Kovil Brahmotsavam (Day 1)

Rate this Entry
On 31st May evening it would be our Lord's first "Vahana Purappadu" and he would start it with a bang!

Kanchi Varadarajar Kovil is famous for so many things, like Perumal, Thayar, Kuzhal idli, Golden lizard, Silver lizard, Nammazhvar, Thirukkachi Nambigal, Ramanujar, Swami Desikan, Chakrathalvar……… the list is endless. Kanchi Kodai is also one among the list as this is the widest Kodai. Every year Perarulalan gets new set of Kodai during the Brahmotsavam. This year is no exception and the kodai gets inducted in to Perumal's service today evening.
This Kodai’s for Perarulalan starts from his Purappadu in Simha Vahanam. There is no Kodai in the morning in Thanga Chapparam as the chapparam itself is the cover. As Devadhirajan, is the king of all Devas aptly for him, he is majestically seated and comes around in the tallest of his Vahanas.

Today evening the Divya Prabhantha goshti would start from the vahana mantapam. Today they would be reciting Periyaazhvaar's thirumozhi the following stanza in that describes the purappadu aptly.

endhoNdai vaaychchiNGgam* vaavenRu eduththukkoNdu*
andhoNdai vaay* amudhu aadhariththu *aaychchiyar-
thamthoNdai vaayaal *tharukkip paruhum* ich-
chendhoNdai vaayvandhu kaaNeerE*
sEyizhaiyeer! vandhu kaaNeerE (36)

Veda Parayana goshti is also an integral part in all the purappadu. Due to my limited knowledge (modesty at play) am not able to give details. Would be glad if some one could share some light.

Today our Perumal would be adoring Thalluku Kondai and would be wearing yellow paavaadai.

We are indeed fortunate as Sri. Kesava Bashyam has shared his wonderful pictures of the Brahmotsavam so far.

Perumala Kovil Brahmothsavam - Sri Perarulalan @ Thanga Chapparam Day1 Morning (Album1)

[url]https://picasaweb.google.com/113539681523551495306/KanchiBrahmothsavamSriPerarulalanThangaChapparamAlbum1[/url]

Perumala Kovil Brahmothsavam - Angurarpanam & Azwar Uthsavam

[url]https://picasaweb.google.com/113539681523551495306/KanchiBrahmothsavamAngurarpanamAzwarUthsavam[/url]

A special thanks to Sri. R. Venkata Raghava (Sri Vaishnavam.com) for sharing his knowledge and guiding me in using his treasure trove.

I would keep tempting you with details about other purappadu in my next post.

Submit "Simha Vahanam @ Kanchi varadarajar Kovil Brahmotsavam (Day 1)" to Digg Submit "Simha Vahanam @ Kanchi varadarajar Kovil Brahmotsavam (Day 1)" to del.icio.us Submit "Simha Vahanam @ Kanchi varadarajar Kovil Brahmotsavam (Day 1)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Simha Vahanam @ Kanchi varadarajar Kovil Brahmotsavam (Day 1)" to Google Submit "Simha Vahanam @ Kanchi varadarajar Kovil Brahmotsavam (Day 1)" to Brahminsnet - Facebook Fan Page

Comments