Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• அக்னிஹோத்ரம்

Dear Sir,
    I would like to know about அக்னிஹோத்ரம் in detail as to who ,when and how to be performed, is it restricted for ladies?.

Re: அக்னிஹோத்ரம்

Dear NVS Swamin my above thread regarding requesting Agnihothram details attracted noned of our member's attention it seems could you be kind enough to reply please or atleast guide me form which thread i can get reply please?

Comment

Dear Mr.Soundararajan,
      You are now grumbling that one of your thread does not seems to have attracted any of our members attention. This is not new in our forum. I myself have posted 3 threads on 22-8-13 reg.gayathri japam, 23-8-13 reg my post in our forum which seems to have been vanished, and 24-8-13 reg.gruhaprevesam,expecting the replies from persons well versed in sastram,samprathayam and vaideekam may be of useful for many persons if not now but definitely on a latter date,and for all of us. Some persons are biased against others and do not want to reply. Please do not misunderstand me that I am seeking your support. Totally I have now restricted my posts/threads unless I feel that the thread may be of useful to others in general and if not particular... PSN

Comment

Originally posted by soundararajan50@gmai View Post
        Dear NVS Swamin my above thread regarding requesting Agnihothram details attracted noned of our member's attention it seems could you be kind enough to reply please or atleast guide me form which thread i can get reply please?
        Sri:
        Dear Sri.Soundararajan,
        You may or may not know,
        as I am still in the race of doing vaideekam as one of the Bruhaspathy in Chennai,
        I was fully engaged with those duties of arranging and following up works for Yajur Upakarma.
        So, I might have missed it,
        and few months ago, I stated my view
        that if I post a reply to a thread immediately, there will be no additional inputs from anybody,
        so, I am waiting for others input and then posting my reply after getting a reminder.

Also, if a question is thrown directly to me, I will never fail to answer that question.
        OK,
        now let us come to the subject,
        I welcome your interest on this subject, but in fact, I do not feel it is not so worthy to know it urgently,
        because, Agnihotam should be done traditionally, and a Guru should give upadesam to start it like
        "Brahma upadesam" to gayathri.
        Let me have some breathing time to give you full details about it.
        regs,
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

SrI:
          Swamin NVS will give a detailed answer on this.

Just ading what I have got:
          Agni hOtram : It is a sacrifice involving the maintenance of Agni (sacred fire) and offerring the oblation chiefly of Milk or sour gruel . These are the AgnihOtra AahUti or the sacred offerings to Agni . AgnihOtri is One who practises AgnihOtram and the name of this Vedic karmaa derives
          this way: " AgnayE hOtram hOmOsmin-karmaNeeti AgnihOtram iti karma Naama". The time of presenting the AahUti ( offerings) into the sacred fire is defined this way : " agnayE sAyam juhushAth ; SooryAya prAtharjuhuyAth" . Sooryan enters into Agni after Sun set and Agni enters into Sooryan after Sun raise . Hence , the evening AgnihOtram is for Agni and the Morning AgnihOtram is for Sooryan . In the Morning AgnihOtram , the name of Sooryan is invoked first and the name of Agni follows ; in the evening AgnihOtram , Agni is invoked first and Sooryan next. AruNa Mantrams dwell on the relationships between Agni and Sooryan .

Phalans of Ishti /Agni hOtram : There are three kinds of phalans sought after by one
          who performs these Yajn~ams:

(1) Ihikam/Kaamyam : enjoyed in this world like Wife , children , property , rulership etc.
          This is dukkha Misram and finite.

(2) Aamushmikam: enjoyed in the other world , which are not admixed with sorrow but are enjoyable only for a finite period .

(3) niSSrEyasam : This is an eternal , never diminishing , limitless Phalans gained from the dhyAnam on Sriman NaarayaNan as instructed by the Upanishads .

The Three Agnis for a Gruhastan :

Gaarhapatyam , Aahavaneeyam and DaskshiNAgni are the three Agnis are to be worshipped by a Grahastan after Agni AadhAnam until the end of His life as a gruhastan .

Gaarhapatyam a Circular shape likea wheel of a cart .
          Aahavaneeyam agni Kuntam is a four cornered square .
          DakshiNAgni Kuntam like a half Moon in shape .

VidhikAgni is maintained always in Gaarhapatya Kuntam and the other two are lit and kindled by
          PraNayana karmaa . The periphery of ther Kuntams are spread with dharbhams to serve as seats for the attendant DevAs ( ParistaraNam) and at the beginning and the end of the homam ,
          water is offerd ot the devAs as ParshEchanam.

Homa dhravyams : Cow's milk is mostly used as offering . Others like curd, Ghee,rice ( TaNDulam) , Charu ( rice cooked without draining water ) and rice gruel ( arisi Kanji) can
          also be used instead of milk . Offering of each has different phalans . Once one starts with one dhravyam , one should stay with it . SamskArams are to be done to homa dhravyams :
          (1)PratishEkam (2)ParyagnikaraNam and (3) Unnayanam . These consecrate the offerings.
          One homam is done with Mantram and the other without mantrams . The Mantrams are at
          the second ashtakam , First PraSnam , Second anuvAkam and PanchAti 11 .

Personage for AgnihOtram and Darsa PoorNa Homams : The competent YajamAnan alone can perform AgnihOtram and He can seek the assistance of four rtviks : Brhmaa , hOtaa, adhvaryu and Agneetthiran .

Our Revered Chinna Azhagiya Singar has been doing until Aasrama SveekAram AgnihOtram twice a day and hence is revered as NityAgnihOtri . He is the one and only NityAgnihOtri among all Azhagiya Singars , who have adorned the throne of SrI Ahobila Matam .

Srimath Azhagiya Singar ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
          DhAsan , Opiliappan KOil VaradAchAri Sadagopan

P.S : At AyyAngAr Street in KumbakOnam , there was another NithyAgnihOtri by the name of
          Sriman AgnihOtram Sri RaamAnuja TatAchAr
          Swamy , who was an authority on Srouta karmAs

including Pasu Yaagams and Soma Yaagams
          Source: Sri VaradAchAri Sadagopan

One thing is for sure, If we are some one who are not doing Sandhyavandnam 3 times a day without a miss only then we can even dream of touching Agnihotri subject. It is too hot. If we are someone who cannot perform Sandyavandanam itself then 1st let us start that and come to these kind of advanced nithya karmas.

The living legend to ask about Agnihotram is His Holiness Srivan Satagopaka Sri Ranganatha Yateerndra Maha Desikan (Azhagiya Singar). I'm sure you would have picked up this word only after knowing about him. You can approach him direct and ask these question. He is some one who will surely help.
          Last edited by lakshmi-narasimhan-s; 28-08-13, 15:59.

Comment

Dear Sir,
            To some extent i understand how much hot the subject is. I have to read your post atleast thrice calmly to understand clearly about the subject. I have heard during Bhopal gas leakage one family was not affected the house in which Agnihotram was done regularly on hearing this my interest to know about this has grown more. Thank you very much for your details

Comment

This is very a powerful and effective method of worship but then this spiritual
              ritual needs lot of discipline. This is also known as Nithya Yajna. I heard
              during the Pravachanam that it is to be done both in the morning and in the
              evening by both female and male. If one of the male or female is unable to do it
              for some reasons unexpected, if it is beyond their control, one of the persons
              present at the Yajnasthan has to perform two aahuthis or oblations by chanting
              the mantras twice as given in Vedic Scriptures.

Comment

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
                Sri:
                Dear Sri.Soundararajan,
                You may or may not know,
                as I am still in the race of doing vaideekam as one of the Bruhaspathy in Chennai,
                I was fully engaged with those duties of arranging and following up works for Yajur Upakarma.
                So, I might have missed it,
                and few months ago, I stated my view
                that if I post a reply to a thread immediately, there will be no additional inputs from anybody,
                so, I am waiting for others input and then posting my reply after getting a reminder.

Also, if a question is thrown directly to me, I will never fail to answer that question.
                OK,
                now let us come to the subject,
                I welcome your interest on this subject, but in fact, I do not feel it is not so worthy to know it urgently,
                because, Agnihotam should be done traditionally, and a Guru should give upadesam to start it like
                "Brahma upadesam" to gayathri.
                Let me have some breathing time to give you full details about it.
                regs,
                nvs
                Respected NVS swamin,
                One Vaadyar said Agnihothram may also be called 'Oupaasanam'. Is it correct? Why it should be called 'oupaasanam'?

Comment

Sri:
                  See the detailed reply given by Lakshmi-narasimhan
                  in this thread above.
                  Originally posted by lakshmi-narasimhan-s View Post
                  SrI:
                  nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
                  please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
                  Dr.NVS

Comment

Sree,

Even before you advised me I had gone through the reply of Mr.Lakshminarasimhan and nowhere it was mentioned anything about Oupasanam. Anyway now I will put the question in a different way. Now please tell me what is "oupasanam"?

Comment

Sri:
                      The Agni prepared at vivaham (marriage) to be kept safe (without put off)
                      and every day morning and evening two homams to be done with rice.
                      It is called aupAsanam, which is one of the duty of every gruhastan.
                      nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Nice details. Thanks for all who have taken part in this and given their input. eagerly waiting for NVS mamas reply also. As Mr. Lakashmi Narasimhan said rightly, one should first do three times Sandhya Vandanam before attempting to do this, though this is also a part of Nithya Karma.

Thnaks and with Best Regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
                        RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
                          Sri:
                          The Agni prepared at vivaham (marriage) to be kept safe (without put off)
                          and every day morning and evening two homams to be done with rice.
                          It is called aupAsanam, which is one of the duty of every gruhastan.
                          nvs
                          Sree,
                          it is now very clear to understand what 'Oupasanam' is.
                          PSN.

Comment

Originally posted by P.S.NARASIMHAN View Post
                            Sree,
                            it is now very clear to understand what 'Oupasanam' is.
                            PSN.
                            I saw recently a person performing Agnihotra, and he mentioned
                            that there are many instructions. However, he suggested that
                            one should have a pyramid shaped copper bowl, cow dung cakes, coarse
                            rice grains, Samiths, with plus pure cow ghee. He showed me
                            a book which he had bought from Giri Trading Chennai.
                            I noticed in that Agnihotra has to be performed at the time of sunrise
                            and sunset with specific mantras, which are given therein.

He also showed a downloaded material of the version pertaining to
                            Agnihotram from the Kamakoti mutt. One can also visit the following
                            site and can get some valuable information in this regard.
                            http://www.kamakoti.org/kamakoti/articles/INITIAL SAMSKARAS

Balasubramanian NR

Comment

From the link suggested (kamakoti .org) i have received the message as :"401 not found"

Comment

Working...
                              X