Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should men sleep outside the house on Amavasya days?

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should men sleep outside the house on Amavasya days?

Dear NVS swami,

I read that men should sleep outside the house on Amavasya days. Is it correct?
    If yes, for brahmachari also ?

Adiyen

• Answer selected by bmbcAdmin at 30-08-22, 13:16.

Dear NVS swamy,

Thank you very much. Will follow as said
    Adiyen

Comment

Originally posted by rangamahaguru View Post
      Dear NVS swami,

I read that men should sleep outside the house on Amavasya days. Is it correct?
      If yes, for brahmachari also ?

Adiyen
      Sri:
      Adiyen Dasan,
      Can you share the source / screenshot where you read about the same?!

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Adiyen read this from the statements of a new-age guru. Without the exact source, quoting the paragraph alone,

"You should do this – on Purnima nights, ladies should sleep outside. On Amavasya nights, men should sleep outside – no matter if it is cold, it rains, or whatever else happens. If you sleep outside, you will feel vulnerable. You will understand, your very body will understand clearly that it is not forever. That is the fundamental idea of vanaprastha. You build a home not to make yourself immortal, but because a human child is not designed to grow up totally outdoors. It takes some time for a human body and mind to get to a certain level. When an elephant is born, the mother elephant stands next to the baby for three days – then both of them just walk away in the jungle. "

This was convincing and reasonable, hence wanted to know if any reference is found in our shastras.

Kshamikkanum
        Adiyen

Comment

Originally posted by rangamahaguru View Post
          Adiyen read this from the statements of a new-age guru. Without the exact source, quoting the paragraph alone,

"You should do this – on Purnima nights, ladies should sleep outside. On Amavasya nights, men should sleep outside – no matter if it is cold, it rains, or whatever else happens. If you sleep outside, you will feel vulnerable. You will understand, your very body will understand clearly that it is not forever. That is the fundamental idea of vanaprastha. You build a home not to make yourself immortal, but because a human child is not designed to grow up totally outdoors. It takes some time for a human body and mind to get to a certain level. When an elephant is born, the mother elephant stands next to the baby for three days – then both of them just walk away in the jungle. "

This was convincing and reasonable, hence wanted to know if any reference is found in our shastras.

Kshamikkanum
          Adiyen
          Sri:
          Dasan,
          I don't remember anything like this.
          Also, I stopped reading books related to shastra because
          I am simply leading a life with the below Niti shastra verse which is convincing myself verymuch.
          अष्टादश पुराणेषु ,
          व्यासस्य वचनद्वयम् ।
          परोपकार: पुण्याय,
          पापाय परपीडनम् ।।
          (सुभाषितानि)

In all the 18 Puranas, only two messages of Maharshi Vyas hold prominence: Doing favour to others is the 'Punya' and Giving troubles to others is the 'Paap'.
          dhanyosmi,
          nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
          please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
          Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
          Best Wishes and Best Regards,
          Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear NVS swamy,

Thank you very much. Will follow as said
            Adiyen

Comment

Working...
            X