No announcement yet.

Ask NVS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sashtiabdapoorthy when it should be done?

sUB: Sashtiabdapoorthy

Due to some reasons i was not able to perform Shastiabdapoorthy on time during July this year. Now shall i combine with the Grahapravesam of my new house and shatiabdapoorthy. I am not clear. i get both version that immediate on the completion of 60th year i should celebarate and another version is before 61 i can celebarate the same. Can you explain what i should do now.
    Regards
    Viraraghavan

Dear Sir,
    I could not find your message due to some reason,
    just now I saw it, sorry for the late reply.
    Actually, Shastiabda poorthi means
    shasti = 60 and abda = 1 so it refers only 61 year completion from garbam.
    It can be simply identified for funtion purpose.
    In your Jadhakam you will get the Tamil Year, Month, and star for you at the time of birth.
    As per Tamil Cycle of years there are only 60 years, and the same year will come again after 60 years.
    So, that gets the importance, The same Tamil year, Same month, Same star as when you have born will come only once in
    any one's life.
    So, the shasti abda poorthi should be celebrated on that day only, which is most important.
    It should not be postponed or preponed for any reason.
    Other functions can be adjusted for this.
    regards,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS
Ask NVS

About this Group

Ask questions about rituals regarding Poorvam. i.e, Kalyanam,seemantam,upanayanam,grihapravesam etc. Separate group is there to discuss about things other than subhams.
Type: Public
Topics: 8
Comments: 12

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X