GAYATRI JAPA MUDRAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAYATRI JAPA MUDRAS

It is prescribed that 24 mudras(hand guestures) are to be displayed before commencing the Gayatri Japa. They are called "Japa purvaka mudras", i.e pre-japa mudras. These mudras are also known to be "Arbuda nivaraka", i.e cancer healing. Every one of these mudras have independent effects. The combination 24 such independent mudras is used as the japa purvaka mudras.
    The last line of the shloka for these mudras also says, "Eta mudra na janati, gayatri nishphala bhavet", meaning "May the gayatri mantra be fruitless to he who does not know these mudras".
    A regular practice of these mudras is recommended for all those who have undergone the Upanayanam & are performing the sandhyavandanam regularly. Most sandhyavandanam books do not include pictures of these mudras. You can download this & keep a copy of it for future generations.

(NOTE: The shloka to be recited for each mudra is given in the picture. They are to be recited while displaying these mudras.)

Re: GAYATRI JAPA MUDRAS

thanks for the information. I'm having difficulty reading the text under each mudra. would you be able to send that embedded in a word document or something to krsg@yahoo.com. Also at what point do i have to do these mudras? (after saying savitrya rishi....savita devata?)

Comment

Mr.Ganesh,

At the outset I wish to tell you that this one page was taken by me from Facebook and posted in our forum expecting some Vedoththamars may explain the various mudras shown in it. Now I am also sailing in your boat. let us wait if some Vaideekas could come out to explain to us. Though I know sanskrit I am also finding it difficult to read the text despite my effort to zoom+. I am sorry, Iam not in a position to help you.

Comment

Sri:
        Here is the bigger size of that image:

Below is the Tamil transliteration of the text found in that picture:
        ஜபகே பூர்வகீ சைபீஸ் முத்ராயேம்
        ஸுமுகம் ஸம்புடம் சைவ விததம் விஸ்த்ருதம் ததா த்விமுகம் த்ரிமுகம் சைவ சதுஷ்பஞ்சமுகம் ததா
        ஷண்முகாஅதோமுகம் சைவ வ்யாபகாஞ்சலிகம் ததா சகடம் யமபாசம் ச க்ரதிதம் சோந்முகோந்முகம்
        ப்ரலம்பம் முஷ்டிகம் சைவ மஸ்தய: கூர்மோ வராகம் ஸிம்ஹாக்ராந்தம் முத்ரம் பல்லவம் ததா
        ஏகா முத்ராச்சதுர்விசஜ்ஜபாதோ பரிகீர்த்திதா:
        (பொருள்: ஒவ்வொரு முத்திரையின் பெயர்கள் குறிப்பிடப்பட்டு, இப்படியாக ஜபத்தின்போது செய்யப்படவேண்டிய 24 விதமான முத்திரைகளை அறியவேண்டும் என உரைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது).
        1) ஸுமுகம்
        2) ஸம்புடம்
        3) விததம்
        4) விஸ்த்ருதம்
        5) த்விமுகம்
        6) த்ரிமுகம்
        7) சதுர்முகம்
        8) பஞ்சமுகம்
        9) ஷண்முகம்
        10) அதோமுகம்
        11) வ்யாபகாஞ்சலிம்
        12) சகடம்
        13) யமபாசம்
        14) க்ரதிதம்
        15) உந்முகோந்முகம்
        16) ப்ரலம்பம்
        17) முஷ்டிகம்
        18) மத்ஸ்ய:
        19) கூர்ம:
        20) வராகம்
        21) ஸிம்ஹாக்ராந்தம்
        22) மஹாக்ராந்தம்
        24) பல்லவம்

For your information: I don't get a chance to even hear many of this mudras name.
        Practicing simple procedures instructed by our acharyas is more than enough than
        entering in to a new practice without knowing from a Guru.
        NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

அன்பான நண்பர் திரு.கணேஷ் அவர்களுக்கு,

தங்களுடை கேள்வியினாலும் அதற்க்கு அடியேனுடைய பதிலிணாலும் நீர் கேட்ட விபரங்கள் நமக்கு கிடைத்துவிட்டது. இதை நமக்கு விபரமாக எடுத்துரைத்த ஸ்ரீ அவர்களுக்கு நமது நன்றி உரித்தாகுக. ப்றாமணணாக பிறந்த நாம் பலதை தெரிந்துகொள்வதில் தவறேதுமில்லை என்பதே எனது அப்பிப்ராயம். நமது ஆசார்யர்கள் நமக்கு தெரிவித்த சுலமான வழி முறைகளைத்தான் நாம் பின்பற்றினாலும் புதியனவைகளையும் தெரிந்துகொள்ளளாமே.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

Comment

i am not able to download

Comment

pl. help me to download or pl. send to my mail id

Comment

Originally posted by rambangle View Post
                  pl. help me to download or pl. send to my mail id
                  Sri:
                  Your question or request should be clear.
                  What you want to download?
                  The image in this posting?!

Use your mouse, right click on the image and select the save image as option to save the image in your computer.
                  regs,
                  nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
                  please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
                  Dr.NVS

Comment

ஸ்வாமின்,
                    தங்கள் பதிலிலிருந்து “நித்யானுஷ்டானக்ரம”புத்தகத்திலுள்ளது போல்( மேற்கண்ட முத்திரைகளின்றி) செய்தால் போதும் என்று பொருள் கொள்ளலாமா?

Comment

Originally posted by soundararajan50@gmai View Post
                      ஸ்வாமின்,
                      தங்கள் பதிலிலிருந்து “நித்யானுஷ்டானக்ரம”புத்தகத்திலுள்ளது போல்( மேற்கண்ட முத்திரைகளின்றி) செய்தால் போதும் என்று பொருள் கொள்ளலாமா?

ஶ்ரீ:
                      தங்கள் குரு அல்லது தகப்பனார் எப்படிக் கற்றுக்கொடுத்தாரோ அப்படிச் செய்யவும்.

சிலருக்கு எதையுமே கொஞ்சம் சிரமப்பட்டு செய்தால்தான் த்ருப்தியாக இருக்கும்.
                      உடனே ஒரு கதை ஞாபகம் வருகிறது.
                      ஒரு குரு தன்னுடைய சிஷ்யர்களை அழைத்து,
                      "ஓடிப்போய் ஒரு ஊசி வாங்கி வாருங்கள் துணி கிழிந்துள்ளது தைக்கவேண்டும்" என்றாராம்.
                      நான்கு சிஷ்யர்களும் கடைக்குச் சென்று ஊசி தாருங்கள் என்று கேட்டு வாங்கினர்.
                      ஊசி மிகவும் சிறியதாக இருக்கக்கண்டு, இதை எப்படி நான்கு பேரும் சேர்ந்து சுமப்பது என்று
                      யோசித்து, சிறிது நேரம் கழித்து ஒரு வழி கண்டுபிடித்தனர்.
                      ஒரு வாழை மரத்தை வாங்கி, அதில் அந்த ஊசியைச் செருகிவிட்டு
                      நான்கு பேருமாக சுமந்துகொண்டுபோய் குருவிடம் ஸமர்ப்பித்தனர்.

இன்னொரு கதைகூட ஞாபகம் வருகிறது:
                      ஒரு விவேகம் உள்ள தந்தை தன் இரு மகன்களையும் அழைத்து ஒவ்வொருவரிடமும்
                      சம அளவில் பணம் கொடுத்து, "இந்தப் பணத்தைக்கொண்டு உங்கள் உங்கள்
                      அறையை நிறையுங்கள். இதைக்கொண்டு உங்கள் புத்திக் கூர்மையைக் கணக்கிடலாம்"
                      என்றாராம்.
                      அடுத்த நாள் தந்தை ஒவ்வொருவர் அறைக்கும் சென்று பார்தாராம்.
                      ஒருவன் வைக்கோலை வாங்கி வந்து அறையை நிறையச் செய்திருந்தானாம்
                      மற்றொருவன் ஒரு தீபத்தை வாங்கி வந்து ஏற்றி அதன் ஒளியால் அறையை
                      நிறையச் செய்திருந்தானாம்.

எனவே எது விவேகம் என்பதை ஊகித்து அறியவும்.
                      நன்றி,
                      என்.வி.எஸ்

Dr.NVS

Comment

An excellent input for younger generations to know and practice.

Comment

There is also a story, i.e. a Guru mentioned to his disciples that there is a Treasure
                          in the backyard of the Ashramam. All the disciples started digging and found nothing
                          and they got upset. Then amongst them, one suggested that let us plant Mango Tree,
                          Banana, flower plants, etc. Then all they agreed to do the same. In a couple of years
                          the land became fertile and they were getting everything in their backyard itself without
                          going to the Market. At that time, Guru called and told them that he wanted them to
                          know the importance of effort and its results and not the treasure without any effort.

Comment

Working...
                          X