• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theetu-Pandigai celebration on sister's family death

srI:

Sri Vasu Vadhyar swamin,
    dasoham.
    adiyen searched the archives before this request.
    adiyen's prathama brother-in-law passed away (reached the Acharyan's Thiruvadi).
    He married to my my eldest sister, who had passed away earlier. My
    brother-in-law is also my
    amman sey (maternal uncle's son).� Sometimes ago swamin responded to a query
    with the response that there is no theetu in this case.
    (reference archive msg 3229 dated Monday, 7th Jan 2008). Because he was the son
    of maternal uncle, is asaucham for 1.5 days?� When my sister passed away, we
    did not observe festivals, Kolu and pandigais (srijayanti, naraka chaturthasai
    etc) for one year until varushaptigam concluded. In the same way, this time also
    should we conduct ourselves (not observing festivals/pandigais) until
    varushaptigam complete?

adiyen seeks clarification from swamin.
    vachika doshaha kshantavyaha
    dhanyavadaha
    nArAyaNA!

1.5 day Asaucham for Amman's son is correct.

There is no meaning of keeping one year ban for pandigais for the death of a
    sister or sister's family persons.

My logical argument is : there is no necessary to ban for even one's own parents
    death, because we (vaishnavites) are celebrating the "Subha sweekaram" on the
    13th day, and believing that is not a death, leaving the prAkruta sariram and
    reaching Paramapadam.
    Then
    If it is not a death, why we have to follow the procedures of followups of a
    death which are not in sastras.
    (We are telling that, Masikams and chradhams are done due to respect the
    sastras).

We should respect our statements, otherwise those statements may be treated as
    soothing words to convince persons who are in sad at a death.
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS
Working...
X