ஏகாதசி விரதம்

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ஏகாதசி விரதம்

.During ekadhasi normally rice has to be avoided but on that day can we consume perumal prasadam even if it is made of rice , please let me know

Re: ஏகாதசி விரதம்

Originally posted by sridharv1946 View Post
    .During ekadhasi normally rice has to be avoided but on that day can we consume perumal prasadam even if it is made of rice , please let me know
    Sri:
    There are several type of adopting of Ekadasi vratam found among people.
    1. Some are keeping 'nirjala' Ekadasi, which means not at all drinking water on the whole day,
    these people will not even take 'perumal deertham' to consume and simply do prokshanam on their head.

2. Some are keeping 'phala aaharam' one period they will take some fruits as aaharam and drink water as and when required.
    These people will intake perumal deertham also.

3. Some sick patients (or pretending as patient) are keeping 'bala aaharam' (not compromising with food) will take food as usual but
    they will use the grated (granulated) rice to make food and with all types of sambar, rasam, kari, kootu etc. etc.

4. Some people will not at all care about Ekadasi and they will take food as normal as other days but will avoid taking onion, garlic etc. on that day.
    These type of people are not at all cares about 'aaradhanam'.

Whatever it may be the case :
    No need to prepare anything specially and only for perumal if there is no one to consume those things. Offering only just water with few Dulasi leaves is enough for perumal.
    No need to consume that water. If food is prepared for some other and offered to perumal also can be avoided without taking.
    The perumal deerthams given at temples also can be sprinkled on the head on a Ekadasi day.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri ,
      i am very happy to note the contents of your reply. I have one doubt in panjangams in a year one or two ekadasis are specifically mentioned as Nirjala Ekadasi. Three four months back in our Paranthaaman panjangam also there was a mention about it and i did follow that .What is the purpose/special on that day to mention so? But on other Ekadasis i do take four coffees is it correct please explain

Comment

Originally posted by soundararajan50 View Post
        Sri ,
        i am very happy to note the contents of your reply. I have one doubt in panjangams in a year one or two ekadasis are specifically mentioned as Nirjala Ekadasi. Three four months back in our Paranthaaman panjangam also there was a mention about it and i did follow that .What is the purpose/special on that day to mention so? But on other Ekadasis i do take four coffees is it correct please explain
        Sri:
        A Ekadasi which yields punyam in many fold if fasting done as 'Nirjala Ekadasi' will be marked like that such as 'Kasika Ekadasi'.

Taking anything including water will not considered as 'Nirjala Ekadasi'.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
        X