Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advertisement blockade

Sir,
    In each and every page a rectangular adv. block hinders the easy flow of text thereby reducing the usable area by this adv. The block only "thanks and request the member to tell his friends etc.," In what way this is useful ? Could you please consider removal of this rectangular Adv.block giving more space to the members to text. Previously u have removed such an hindrance like blue uniformed post man.Hope u will consider this request also. You can see that block below this text also

Re: advertisement blockade

Sri:
    Otherwise a commercial advertisement will take its place!
    I utilized that place by this way!
    And this will appear only in the 1st Post not in replies.
    Which is better?!

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Sree,
      Your reply is very clear that you have set apart that portion only for advertisement purposes, and that instead of some other occupying it you have filled up that space.

Comment

Originally posted by P.S.NARASIMHAN View Post
        Sree,
        Your reply is very clear that you have set apart that portion only for advertisement purposes, and that instead of some other occupying it you have filled up that space.
        Sri:
        Dear Swamin,
        After some hard edits,
        I made it possible to avoid these displays for Moderators and Admins.
        I thought, members will be happy if a welcome message displayed with their particular user name,
        but now understand that it is wrong!
        Thanks,
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Dr.NVS

Comment

I think all this is MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.
          Actually it is only a fraction of a percent of members use this forum regularly to post threads/reply/or comment. There is enough space available for any member. I think we better think how to motivate more and more members to participate in discussions rather than altering often .
          Earlier whatever it was,a welcome message was welcome!
          Now it is gone.
          And Dear NVS Swamin, it was nice meeting you in SVK.
          Wish you pursue Post Doctoral Research too!And Succeed.
          Varadarajan

Comment

Originally posted by R.Varadarajan View Post
            Dear NVS Swamin, it was nice meeting you in SVK.
            Wish you pursue Post Doctoral Research too!And Succeed.
            Varadarajan
            Dear Varadarajan Sir,
            Thank you so much for your kind visit!
            It was very pleasure for me.
            You are one and only out of 12500 members, who taken pain to come and wish with presents!
            Again thanks,
            nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Respected swamin,
              I am very sad to go through your reply that the particular portion was set apart to welcome moderators and administrators, and now because of me that portion has been removed. If you had mentioned that in your last reply I would have definitely understood for what purpose that was there. I thought it was only for advertisement purposes. Even my good friend Sri Varadarajan misunderstood me in this regard. I do not know why I am always misunderstood by my near and dear. Kindly forgive me for my last reply, and without any hesitation restore the old one and only after seeing that I will proceed with my activities in the forum... With regards..P.S.NARASIMHAN

Comment

Sree Varadarajan swamin,
                I am very sorry you have thoroughly misunderstood me in this matter. If it is 'much ado about nothing' i do not know how to explain? I once again request you to bear with me for I was instrumental for removing that portion affecting a number of persons like U. I have already requested Sree NVS swamin to restore the removed portion. With regards...P.S.NARASIMHAN

Comment

Respected Sri.Narasimhan,
                  I still don't understand your problem. The welcome notice appearing does not interfere when you are doing a post .
                  You may write pages to your heart's content, (not many who write use up more than 2-3 pages!!). The full window permits you to do this. After posting ,only when some one is accessing our site the message appears.
                  And what is wrong,if,the site wants to make money? I feel bad when I see that the targeted minimal sum of $100/- is not collected in most months. Actually,to run this and make it more elaborate, if members agree, WHY NOT permit some advertisements in a small portion?
                  And for your information,the welcome message I am sure was there for every member accessing our website, not for only moderators and administrators. It added a personal touch, one was happy that his logging in was recognized and welcomed. Let it continue.
                  There is nothing personal against you. You are a prolific poster of threads. Too bad I could not meet you during my sojourn to Chennai from 2nd to 8th Jan. May be next time?
                  Wishing you and all the members of our beloved forum a HAPPY SANKRANTHI!
                  Varadarajan

Comment

Dear sri varadarajan,
                    Thank you for your nice reply. Do you mean that the old one has now been shifted to the bottom of the page 'promote to article,thanks,blogthis post etc.' from the middle portion. Ofcourse it is there, and restored . I was worried when you mentioned that it was gone. Now it is ok. ..PSN

Comment

Dear sree NVS swamin,
                      In continuation of my post no 7 above , I profusely thank you for restoring the "Welcome message". Kindly bear with me for all my previous posts about this matter and ignore all those posts...PSN

Comment

Working...
                      X