Members list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members list

Despite my thoroughly going thro' the subforums, I could not find where I can look into the complete members list of our forum. All these days I wasafraid to ask this question fearing Mr. Varadarajan may find fault with me that I am always targetting our Administrator for anything and everything. If anyone could guide me where I could find the list, under what subforum and folder I will be much grateful to that gentleman. I do not have any computer knowledge. I suggest a seperate subforum heading willbe of much useful for people like me. I request sree bmbc, Soundararajan or Varadarajan to guide me in this regard.

Re: Members list

Sri:
    Dear Swamin,
    Due to latest changes made in vbulletin software in this newstyle,
    some previous features may not be available.
    Do not hesitate, feel free to ask anything.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.brahminsnet.com/forums/memberlist.php

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

So much explanation, so much details but when I entered the link address the response was "no such url" . May be this forum is friendly only to some persons and not for all. When I requested some of my good friends and even bmbc the response was not encouraging or convincinglet alone some prefer to keep mum. Ok.Thanks.

Comment

Sri:
        Swamin,
        Why you are entering the url?
        Just click on the link, it will take you to that page.
        That also not necessary, below that link, I have displayed the content (members list) of that page,
        you have to just scroll down the inner page (within that post) to see the list of members!

I think, you are the best only one member to make this forum user friendly!
        As you are elder to me and as I am admiring your tireless effort to achieve a target,
        I wish to add any of your requirement.
        So, do not worry about others, and let me know, I will do it for you and for many other silent members who wish to have such a facility.
        Now, with respect to your wish, I made a sub - menu under "Go Quick" Main menu to reach that page easily.
        dasan,
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Narasimhan Sir,
          Either your computer is dud or you are not doing correctly. Why enter the address when you can just click on the link provides by admin. After reading the reply of bmbc admin I clicked on the link and the page opened out with members list,starting with Ahobilam. It is listed under "A",on alphabetical order and when I clicked letter "w" I got one entry under "w",WHYWEYES.You will observe squares containing all the alphabets A through Z.
          You are I feel impatient and quick to come to conclusions. Just click on the link provided by bmbcadmin in his reply to your post and see.
          Await the result of this exercise done by you.
          Not all members keep mum,still some are following the discussions on this forum.
          Best of luck.
          I hope bmbcadmin is watching/observing my reply.
          Varadarajan

Comment

KIND ATTENTION: Shree.bmbc, varadarajan sirs
            I am still in the dark without knowing head or tail about this page. i give the following process that i did to get that page. 1. I typed url 'brahminsnet.com/forum'2. i got that page with other subpages,3 Nowhere the link is mentioned in any page.4 then where can I click for that link when it is not there.5.However when I saw it mentioned in bmbc's reply no2 above the last line, I clicked on it and got a page as mentioned by Sri Varadarajan. 6. When I clicked on "N'in the box only about five names 1to 5 appeared. What about other names including mine 7.As per bmbc when I wanted to click on submenu under 'go quick' no such menu naming Members list' is available. 8 where else I could find this or the link address.9 Are there only 5to 11 or so members under each alphabet. what about other names. Where we can find them.9 Please teach me what should I do to get it as I do not want to leave it without learning ofcourse step by step from beginning to end... I am using 'acer'P166HQL' computer and it is perfectly working with all other sites,windows, and pages. If you do not misunderstand me I am so adament that i must learn this at any cost. You both must bear with me for all the inconveniences I am causing to you in this regard. Hope bmbc will rise to the occasion to help me without any hesitation.
            In another forum when I faced such a problem to change my email id and password, that administrator a perfect gentleman taught me step by step what to do and not to do etc., .. with regards P.S.NARASIMHAN

Comment

Dear Narasimhan,
              Now bmbc has solved your problem. When you open the brahminsnet page,you find at the top frm left to right six headers..new(latest )posts ....ending with contact us. Go-quick is one of them
              You click this and you fine a list of 15 options before you. You scroll down to the second option ,:members list: and click it.
              And lo,behold, you see the full list of members alphabetically listed. Choose the alphabet corresponding to the name and go thru the list and choose whomsoever you need.
              Varadarajan

Comment

Originally posted by P.S.NARASIMHAN View Post
                KIND ATTENTION: Shree.bmbc, varadarajan sirs
                I am still in the dark without knowing head or tail about this page. i give the following process that i did to get that page.
                P.S.NARASIMHAN
                Sri:
                Dear PSN Swamin,
                1. First of all you have to refresh your browser often, this can be done by pressing the F5 key in your keyboard 1st line from the top.
                Do it repeatedly for few times with few seconds gap.
                2. Now you will find the sub menu under go quick menu as "Members List"
                3. Click on that, you will get that page.
                4. If you want to check a particular member with his / her user name then
                5. Click the Search Members button in the right hand side under the alphabets and then click the Advanced search
                6. Type any part or full user name of that person, while you are typing it will list all members.

In another forum when I faced such a problem to change my email id and password,
                that administrator a perfect gentleman taught me step by step what to do and not to do etc.
                What to do? God is not so great in this regard to mold all men as good as we expect!!
                regards,
                nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by R.Varadarajan View Post
                  Dear Narasimhan,
                  Now bmbc has solved your problem. When you open the brahminsnet page,you find at the top frm left to right six headers..new(latest )posts ....ending with contact us. Go-quick is one of them
                  You click this and you fine a list of 15 options before you. You scroll down to the second option ,:members list: and click it.
                  And lo,behold, you see the full list of members alphabetically listed. Choose the alphabet corresponding to the name and go thru the list and choose whomsoever you need.
                  Varadarajan

Dear sri varadarajan,
                  Thank you very much for your guidence. In my computer under 'Goquick' there are only 13 submenus/options and not 15 including 'Memberslist'.I do not know why? Another thing under alphabetical list in each alphabe only 5 to 10 names are appearing and not all the names.BUT YOU say tha tit shows complete list. What to do...PSN

Comment

Dear swamin,,
                    It appears that you have misunderstood my last sentence of my previous post.I only pointed out persons like you are always helping others out of the way and I only remembered his help extended to me like you.It is not in any way degrade all the help you extended to m e sofar and also in future.Igratefully acknowledge the help you have now shown. Thanking u once again.

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
                    Sri:
                    Dear PSN Swamin,
                    1. First of all you have to refresh your browser often, this can be done by pressing the F5 key in your keyboard 1st line from the top.
                    Do it repeatedly for few times with few seconds gap.
                    2. Now you will find the sub menu under go quick menu as "Members List"
                    3. Click on that, you will get that page.
                    4. If you want to check a particular member with his / her user name then
                    5. Click the Search Members button in the right hand side under the alphabets and then click the Advanced search
                    6. Type any part or full user name of that person, while you are typing it will list all members.

What to do? God is not so great in this regard to mold all men as good as we expect!!
                    regards,
                    nvs

Comment

Sri:
                      OK, Thank you swamin, very kind of you.
                      by the way, let me know, if you are able to see the menu "Members list" under go quick after refreshing your page?!
                      dasan,
                      nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Sir,
                        I said you will see the members list. I do not know what is the complete list? Why does any one neeed a complete list of something that varies?
                        Don't know why you are insisting on "complete list" The list is dynamic. Everyday some one or the other is joining. So please,let us close this thread. Enough has been discussed and now I am sure you are more or less satisfied. I use "more or less" as I know no one is fully satisfied 100%
                        Good Night,Sir,
                        Varadarajan

Comment

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
                          Sri:
                          OK, Thank you swamin, very kind of you.
                          by the way, let me know, if you are able to see the menu "Members list" under go quick after refreshing your page?!
                          dasan,
                          nvs

No, sree. I do not know why? My son tried and said that the provider might have blocked and the same has not been actiivated for public(members) view. Anyhow it is a failure to me. There is no use of proceeding with as suggested by Mr.Varadarajan. If interested I would like to suggest the following. Like other menus why not a seperate menu for this under a folder ( you may select) say- forum family/ forum community/- and then submenu as members list, etc., This is only my humble suggestion. This is because with good intention that our forum should not lag behind other forums. I am so grateful for all the trouble you have taken to please me to a great extent. I am overwhelmed with the interest you have taken on me. I am also thinking from withdrawing from active participation in the forum affairs.Man proposes God disposes...
                          With warm regards ..P.S.NARASIMHAN

Comment

Sri:
                            Dear Swamin,
                            I am also adamant in achieving a target.
                            You see I logged in with your user name and a temp password and captured the screen shot with the menu "Members List"
                            See the Members List menu which is created for you only under GoQuick Menu.
                            You try again, definitely you will get succeeded.
                            I am also thinking from withdrawing from active participation in the forum affairs.Man proposes God disposes...
                            I do not understand what you wish to convey from this. But, whatever it may be, thank you for all your contribution so far!
                            I also wish to repeat the same: Man proposes with God's Grace! God disposes with great care on the man who really depends on him!

Dr.NVS

Comment

Shree swamiji,
                              I am happy to see the subforum "Members list' under Go quick menu and thank you very much for the same. I dont know what magic you did to post it there. I hope the same will remain there. Why there are only 5 to 30 members under each alphabet. Is that the full list of members. I am now proud to say that in our forum also we furnish our members details as others do. Why I was so particular about this matter, because some one known to me challenged that we will not publish these particulars. Will this list remain there forever for our members references or you will remove it. Now jokularly I want to ask you if you are interested to give me farewell, as you have thanked me for all my contributions so far and do not want any more contributions let alone trouble like the one I have contributed now that ended with a happy note. God is there to help his bhakthas who always depend on him. You mentioned about some target. Please let me know about that as I want to assist you to achive that target, taking me into confidence.

Sarva jano sukino Bhavanthu....P.S.NARASIMHAN
                              Last edited by P.S.NARASIMHAN; 20-01-15, 12:28.

Comment

Working...
                              X