Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

I am a new entrant to this forum. I am Madhava sarma (K G Madhavan), barathwaja gothram, rohini nakshatram, following yajur vedam and Apasthamba soothram

Please clarify my query on Dharma sastram:
    For prostrating before the elders, according to dharma sastram, what should be the age difference

Re: Introduction

Originally posted by kgmadhavan View Post
    I am a new entrant to this forum. I am Madhava sarma (K G Madhavan), barathwaja gothram, rohini nakshatram, following yajur vedam and Apasthamba soothram

Please clarify my query on Dharma sastram:
    For prostrating before the elders, according to dharma sastram, what should be the age difference
    Sri.Madhava Shrama,
    Welcome to our forum and thanks for your formal introduction which many members are not doing this.
    Also, I started this forum website to openly discuss with the visitors and members to know
    what they are willing to get from me and others and what they are having to share with others.
    Now there are more than 2000 members in this forum but only 20 members are posting something occasionally.

Prostrating (doing namaskaram) can be done whenever you feel that the other person is having the quality to do so.
    No need to check for age.
    Also sthanam is important. Even a younger person is in a greater position
    we can do namaskaram.
    Continue to post something, and be active.
    Start several new discussions.
    thanks,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: Introduction

I agree that sthaanam is important. A learned person (vedic pundit) even if younger can be prostrated. That apart, I have read somewhere that except brothers, for others there need to be some age difference. Please clarify

Comment

Working...
      X