044 -24911526
    044 -22350241
    நண்பர்களே நம்மால் ஒருவர் பயன்
    அடைந்தாலும் அந்த
    இறைவனுக்கு நன்றி சொல்ல
    கடமை படுவோம்........."""

Arun Arunachalam.

Re: Health tips

Sir, After Googling the medicine i found this report in the Hoax Slayer site. The information it appears is only partially true and is NOT GIVEN FREE TO ALL BY ARYAR CANCER INSTITUTE.
    Please read the statement supposed to have been made by a person from ACI.
    vARADARAJAN

".... According to this message, India's Adyar Cancer Institute is distributing, free of charge, a medicine named 'Imitinef Mercilet' that cures blood cancer. The message is circulating rapidly via email and is also making its way around the Internet via blogs, forums and social networking websites.

The Adyar Cancer Institute is a real health facility located in the city of Chennai, India and, as its name implies, it indeed specializes in cancer treatment and research. The Adyar Cancer Institute has achieved great results in the treatment and research of cancer since its establishment in 1954.

I contacted a spokesperson at the Adyar Cancer Institute to ask about the veracity of the message. He sent me the following reply:
    Only the Part of this message is true. The medicine Imitinef is available free for only qualified persons and not for all. It is free for those who have admitted in the hospital for treatment.
    'Imitinef Mercilet' is apparently an alternative spelling of the drug Imatinib mesylate which is used in the treatment of some forms of leukemia along with other types of cancer. Imatinib, often referred to a "Gleevec", has proved to be an effective treatment for some forms of cancers. However, "blood cancer" is a generalized term for cancers that affect the blood, lymphatic system or bone marrow. The three types of blood cancer are listed as leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma. These three malignancies require quite different kinds of treatments. While drugs (including Imatinib), along with other treatments such as radiation can help to slow or even stop the progress of these cancers, there is currently no single drug treatment that can be said to actually cure all such cancers.

Moreover, it should be noted that Imatinib is available for cancer patients in many different health facilities around the world, not just the Adyar Cancer Institute.

Thus, although there are some elements of truth to this message, it is also potentially misleading and contains inaccurate information.

Comment

To some extent the information is partially true as per the statement t of ACI adyar. Hence this cannot be. Treated as. Hoax.It Is for us to verify the verocity of such information appearing in print media

Comment

Sir,
        You misunderstood.I did not say hoax.Any such statements and/or rumours can be checked thro the web for veracity.
        One such site reported what I posted.
        The medicine is used to cure some form of leukaemia and other cancers.That was all I meant.
        Not trying to find fault with any posts.
        Varadarajan.

Comment

Sree, Thank you for your nice reply...PSN

Comment

Working...
          X