Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden rules for aging gracefully and peacefully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden rules for aging gracefully and peacefully.

Re: Golden rules for aging gracefully and peacefully.

Dear Narasimhan Sir,

Very good information. Yes if one follows these, their life will be very peaceful. But unfortunately most of the middle class people spent all their earnings including their savings ( like PF etc) for the education and marriage of their children and hence become dependent on their children during their old age. One should keep a minimum savings for their old age.

With Best regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
    RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Good advice Sri. Narasimhan Sir. Those who follow your rules will have a better life than those who squander their earnings early. Ss Sri.Gowriputran said,one of those infructuous expense comes during the marriages of their offsprings. There is a saying,"பிராமணன் சாப்பிட்டே சொத்தை தொலைப்பான்" As earlier discussed in some posts,we should switch to austere weddings,short,not showy. But who cares,?Mostly mothers are responsible for overspending ,trying to outdo others in lavishness. There is then no wonder the father is left with the barest minimum in many cases to sustain. What with rising costs of everything,medical insurance,treatments etc., they become more and more dependent on the next generation. Some are lucky,to have their kids taking care of them in the twilight of their life. But many spend a pitiable life.
      So,Sri.PSN Sir, please add a 11th point. Spend frugally,judiciously considering whether it is worth spending for when you spend a large sum out of your hard earned savings. Analyze whether it is a vital or essential or desirable one?.
      Then you may have a more peaceful,less stressful life.
      Varadarajan

Comment

Dear varadarajan sir,,
        Your adding a 11th point in really thought provoking. As you have suggested only after the parents save enough for their twilight years, they must spend their money if any in excess for their children's education marriage etc.,I dont know how many present day midaged parents will take the cue after seeing what is happening to other parents like them.A timely warning for all.Fortunately by God's grace I am not in the receiving end. I may or may not leave some important suggestions and you are free to include the same in my threads....PSN

Comment

Originally posted by gowriputran View Post
          Dear Narasimhan Sir,

Very good information. Yes if one follows these, their life will be very peaceful. But unfortunately most of the middle class people spent all their earnings including their savings ( like PF etc) for the education and marriage of their children and hence become dependent on their children during their old age. One should keep a minimum savings for their old age.

With Best regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
          Dear Sri Gowri,
          What you said is the present scenario we are watching. ..PSN

Comment

Dear Sri.Narasimhan Sir,
            Everyday ,when I log on to our site the brahminsnet,I look forward to your posts. At times I may have commented. But you post very good things. Keep it up,Sir, for the Gen Next to learn from our mistakes,(if any) and plan for their life after retirement. I don't want to be an "Excess baggage, I want to be on my own feet,as they say."
            Thanks,
            Varadarajan
            Last edited by R.Varadarajan; 17-03-15, 11:08.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Varadarajan View Post
              Dear Sri.Narasimhan Sir,
              Everyday ,when I log on to our site the brahminsnet,I look forward to your posts. At times I may have commented. But you post very good things. Keep it up,Sir, for the Gen Next to learn from our mistakes,(if any) and plan for their life after retirement. I don't want to be an "Exces baggage, I want to be on my own feet,as they say."
              Thanks,
              Varadarajan
              Sri:
              I second sri Varadarajan.
              dasan,
              nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
              please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
              Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
              Best Wishes and Best Regards,
              Dr.NVS

Comment

I gratefully thank all those who supported my views and would only request all of them to instill a sense of responsibility with their children to look after their aged parents at their ripe age without discarding them in old aged homes. let them think just for a while,if their parents want to save every thing for their life after retirement, what will their the sons and daughter position now ,as suggested above by a number . Beware parents the present days are not like olden days, and you must plan wisely for your life after retirement. You should not be considered as an excess baggage to them by your children without any saving for your weedays.

Comment

Working...
                X