Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chota Chardam Yatra

Dear All,

Namaskarams. I am planning for a chota chardam trip during June/July 2015. We are four in the team my father, myself, my wife and my sister. I made a chardam yatra in the year 2010. It was an organised tour by Uttaranchal tourism department. As the itinerary was fixed we could not visit some important places.
    All the organised tour operators take us to Yamunodri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath only and not to any other places of religious importance.

There are six prayags (Sangamam of rivers) between Rishikesh and Badrinath. It is very auspicious to take a snanam in a prayag. But these tour operators only show us the prayags on the way but do not take us to have a holy dip.

There is a small village by Triyuginarayanan near Gauri Kunt in Rudra Prayag District near Kedarnath. There is a very old Vishnu Temple here. Lord Shiva’s Marriage took place in this place. The tour operator doesn't take us to this place.

There is a Narasimhar temple, Sankara mutt and some other temples in Joshi Mutt including one Divya Desam Temple and the tour operator does not take us there.
    Swami Haridoss Giri had gone into Jalasamadhi in Alakananda River and this place is also somewhere near Kedarnath. The tour operator does not know about this. One can get the details from the mutt/Thennangur temple and visit the place.

May be there are more such important places of religious importance. Hence I am making this request. Also any other information/suggestions are welcome.

As we all are above 50 yrs of age and that my father is of 75 yrs I am planning to go to Kedarnath by helicopter from Patha or from Augustmuni.

As we are very orthodox in general and my father in particular, we will be carrying electric rice cooker and Chapatti maker,some ready made items like parupu podi, thengai podi, Green Chili chutney and minimum provisions with us so that we can cook our food. We will get curd, fresh fruits and provisions in all the places along our journey.

If any of our group members is willing to join they are welcome. If known the exact no of person we can plan our trip. We can hire a suitable vehicle from Haridwar; we can book our hotels with Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Limited of Uttranchal government tourism dept. Their Hotels are clean and neat and comparatively cheaper.

We can book out ticket for helicopter to Kedarnath from Patha or Agustmuni.
    The entire tour will take approximately 12 days from Haridwar to Haridwar.

While coming back we are planning to go to Namisaranyam, Ayodhya, Varanasi and Kashi. ( We can also plan for Mathura trip while going to Haridwar).

Preferably the trip can be planned between June 17th and July 16th (During the Adika Masam as this period is very auspicious for pilgrimage and Thertha yatra)

Thanks in advance for your information, Suggestions and Guidance.

I am presently in Nigeria and my mail id is gowriputran@gmail.com

With Namaskarams

S. Sankara Narayanan
    RADHE KRISHNA

Re: Chota Chardam Yatra

Best of luck and god wish you a safe journey. I have a similar request. Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I have planned to visit Namisaranyam, Ayodhya between Apr 1 - Apr 5. Can somebody shower some tips on important temples and other stuffs which shouldn't be missed during this visit.

thanks.

Comment

Dear cheenu sir,
      It is really happy that you are planning a pilgrimage to some very important Northindian divyasthalangal during April this year. To my knowledge nobody from our forum appeared to have gone on such a pilgrimage. Now yourself,I think with your family,and Mr.Gowri are going on this very useful pilgrimage. I wish you and,Mr.Gowri and your family members a happy,joyous,worth in all respects pilgrimage tour and on return share all your experiences faced,including not leaving your breakfast,lunch,dinner experiences and all other happy moments you faced by way of a travellouge so that all members could enjoy the post in detail.
      This my post is extended to Mr.Gowri also and would request him to follow suit. regarding important temples,darmasalas,or retiring rooms,lodges etc., you may visit a big bookshops selling such books and get one for your guidence.

Comment

Dear Mr. Narasimhan Sir,

Thanks for your reply. I will surely share my experience after the completion of the tour. Thanks once again.

With Best regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
        RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Dear Mr. Cheenu,

Good day. Thanks for your wishes. I was searching for details in the web and am still continuing. you can check the following link for some useful information on Naimisaranyam and Ayodya.

http://sidharthi.blogspot.com/2008/1...o-ayodhya.html

I will keep sending you the details what ever i come across and request you also to share any information you get. As Mr. Narasimhan has said in his reply pl share your experience when you come back.
          All the best and safe journey.

With Best Regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
          RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Hi all

I will try to cover whatever i remember from my travel experiences. If i am missing something please do ask in the forum which i will try to recollect and post for the benefit of others

We were 5 Elders and 2 kids. Started the journey from chennai by train. It was supposed to cover the distance in 39 hours. But before reaching Lucknow, there is invariably delay and all passengers (who were locals) was commenting this was normal. The delay was for about 1.5 hours. After reaching lucknow i headed straight to the hotel Deep Avadh (which i have booked through Cleartrip) For 5 nights / 6 days they charged about Rs.14000. The next day i have reserved for rest since the elders might be tired.
            So the 3rd day, i booked an innova (Rs.13 /.KM) and started our journey by 0800 and reached Nairinasairn by 1030 inbetween breaking for breakfast for 30 mins.The roads have been neatly laid and immediately upon reaching the spot the guides told us there isn't any temples as you might think. They mean to say unlike in South India (or in most places) where we see Divya Desams temples have a built structure and huge/big. We proceeded to Chakra Theetham. The pond is quite dirty as there has been no maintainence. Still many people were taking bath/swimming. from there we went to few other temples which dosn't hold any historical signifance like Hanuman Gaddi, place where pandava started their vana vasam etc. Then we went to Ahobilam Mutt (Priest Lakshmi Narasimhan) and he received us quite well. He suggest that we proceed to Ayodhya immediately without going to lucknow. But since our bags were in the hotel we had to return back. He also suggested few other temples nearby (which weren't too far but at a distance of radius within 3-4 kms) 500 mtrs before chakratheetam there is Jina Jeeyar mukhti place. This isn't known to many people. We returned back by 1430 and reaching hotel by 1700 hrs.
            4th day (suposed to be Lunar eclipse) So i called up the priest @ ammaji mandir to check if the temple would be open. He said yes the temples would be open until 1200 pm and then after the eclipse only they will reopen in ayodhya. Based on his confirmation, we started by 0815 to reach ayodhya by 1030. But we were told none of the temples were open that day due to eclipse. Also L.Narasimhan suggested we contact a lady by name Madhavi who would take care of food arrangements in ayodhya. The place wasn't comfortable for the elders to stay hence we opted for a lodge (charges about 550) on the banks of river sarayu. I had a satisfactory tharpanam and sandhya Vandam on the river. The depth of the river isn;'t much and its upto waist height. Since we were advised that you shouldn't take anything inside Ayodhya temples i left all our belongings in the cab and there is multiple levels of security checks. Even wrist watches, hearing aids aren't allowed. Most of the temple structure were occupied by the commando's The day of eclipse after 800 pm we went to places like Darshtha Pattabiabhishkam, hanuman temple etc which was expectedly too crowded as it will two days rush. The next day we went to Ayodhya Sita Ram place and had good darshan of Lordess Sita and Lord Ram. Then the guide (charges about 350) took us to a place where Sita was supposedly have cooked for Rama. The kids wanted to go for boat ride and hence we opted for the same. By 1430 we started from ayodhya and again reached lucknow by 1730 hrs. This time a different cab driver who charged Rs.12/km.
            The next day we started for chennai.

I might have missed some of the important things but please do ask me and i am obliged to provide answers for the same.

Comment

Dear Sankaranarayanan,
              Since I had been to Kedarnath n Badrinath twice as well as 5 times to Sri Vaishnodevi Shrine, I wanted to give some feedback for planning your Chardham Yatra.
              Normally Chardham yatra starts in April/May on Akshaya Tritiya.The dates announced for this year are:
              Yamunotri 21 April
              Gangotri 21 April
              Kedarnath 24 April
              Badrinath 25 April
              Normally tour starts in April/ May and ends in Oct/Nov.
              The Chardham yatra traditionally starts from west to east in a clockwise direction.i.e., yatra starts from Yamunotri proceding to Gangotri, to Kedarnath and terminates in Badrinath.All these holy places have their own religeous significance, legends, mythology n history.
              Majority of Hindus believe that every Hindu should do this yatra atleast once in their lifetime.
              Closing dates are not yet announced , but, they are normally on dates as below.
              Yamunotri-----Diwali day
              Gangotri/Kedar...Yama Dwitiya..2nd day after Diwali
              Badrinath...Vijayadasami day.
              Peak season is September, as in July/August the region experiences heavy monson rains and yatris may fee lots of problems n landslides (Remember Himalayan Tsunami of 2013).
              In Sept rains would have ended and cool verdant green surroundings will be pleasant for travel.
              These are definitely to be taken into account while planning, (Adhikamasam criteria may apply to normal regions, but to be taken with a pinch of salt while travelling in these hilly, rainy Himalayan regions.
              It is only caution, not a discouragement, especially if elders are in the group..
              More information may accessed at: www.chardham-tours.com as well euttaranchal sites.
              Wishing from the bottom of my heart for your group to have a comfortable, tour n wonderful darshans,
              VARADARAJAN
              JAI SRI RAM

Comment

Dear Varadarajan Sir,

Thanks a lot for your valuable guidance. I have taken note of your advises. Thanks for your wishes. As of now I am planning to start the tour on the 4th June from Haridwar. If I have any doubt or in need of any information/advice, I will contact you.

With Namaskarams

S. Sankara Narayanan
                RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Dear Sankaranarayanan,
                  Starting on 4th June from Haridwar should be fine.Your Chardham yatra should be over max in 10 days even if you halt at places.By then the monsoon would not reach the Uttarakhand.So you should be able to finish your yatra and be back down at Haridwar.
                  I am sure that both Lord Shiva and Vishnu will bless you with a mindbloewing tour.
                  Many perform Pindadhaan at the Brahmakapalam in Badrinath.Here you can offer pindas to all, relatives, friends and even animals like your pets. This is for your information.
                  Happy journey and Divya Darshans.
                  Varadarajan

Comment

Working...
                  X