X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyboard shorcut for typing symbols

Keyboard Shortcut for typing symbols
    May be useful for novice

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: keyboard shorcut for typing symbols

Swamin, Namaskarams.Today, I have learned this kind of using short-cuts. Thanks for the posting. Regards, ggmoorthyiyer

Comment

Along with the keyboard shortcut i've learnt a new word"Novice" also thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by ggmoorthyiyer View Post
        Swamin, Namaskarams.Today, I have learned this kind of using short-cuts. Thanks for the posting. Regards, ggmoorthyiyer
        Sri:
        Namaskaram Mama,
        It is very glad to read from you.
        Here is an interesting info for interested to know about fonts:
        Also, another method is there to know the shortcuts of different fonts installed in your system.
        It will be most useful for our indian languages like Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu etc.
        For example I myself created a few fonts and modified a common font for my convenient.
        I have inserted some religious symbols in that font and hence it is easy for me to prepare the panchangam with that font.
        Here under giving the steps to understand that simple method:

1. Click the windows Start button
        2. Just start typing "chara " (without quotes) where the cursor blinking at 'search programs and files'
        3. Now you will see a small key icon and 'Character Map' at the top as found in the image below:

4. Click on that and it will open the key map of the current font as below image:

5. Click on the letter or symbol which you want to know the shortcut or you can copy that symbol and paste wherever you want.
        6. You will find the shortcut at the lower right corner (in the above example image it is showing as Keystroke : Alt+0153 for the symbol clicked.
        Please try yourself for the required font.
        If you want any particular symbol to be included in your font send that symbol and the font, I will (try to) make it ready for you.
        dasan,
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Swamin,
          Thanks for your informative post. I will try.
          Once again thanks,
          with regards,
          ggmoorthyiyer

Comment

Working...
          X