X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning vedas and slogas

Dear swamins

I need guidance and opinion from the learnt forum members

While going through some of the books it is mentioned with out knowing the meaning of the sloka / veda there is no use in reciting it. Several swamins do sandhya vandanam as a ritual with out knowing the meaning of it. ( sorry if iam wrong) I tried to learn sanskrit through books and could not learn the grammar. With out learning sanskrit how is it possible to know the meaning of any sloka or veda in full.Also to recite with proper metering and pronunciation sanskrit texts gives a satisfaction rather than reciting from tamil or other language tests. Added to this most tests say vedas should not be read and should be learned by heart.

I have doubt that whatever little i follow is a right one.

Is there any way out ? Most of the people leave the rituals for want of either time or resources. In this situation what is the way out.

Please guide

hrk

Re: learning vedas and slogas

Sri:
    I could understand the first part of your message and could not understand further about what actually you want to know?

Shastra is not always common for all, it will differ at least a little amount by person to person, time to time, situation to situation etc.

"A Mother will know the difference of crying of her baby, and she will do the needful by feeding or soothing something to ease the baby"
    It is said, Shastra is greater than 1000 mothers, it will take care of every individual and no need to worry.

There are many kind of people in the world, the really learned "gnaani" - mahan will never threaten people by saying this and that.

See the below image taken from a book published by "Veda Dharmasastra Paripalana Sabha" - in 1952.

dasan,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Swamin,
      Nicely explained in the book. Is the book available nowadays for us to study? If so where?
      Is it possible to publish excerpts from this books, that are useful for us Grahasthas?
      Thanks for the clarification as this will certainly make many to read and recite.
      Varadarajan

Comment

Originally posted by R.Varadarajan View Post
        Swamin,
        Nicely explained in the book. Is the book available nowadays for us to study? If so where?
        Is it possible to publish excerpts from this books, that are useful for us Grahasthas?
        Thanks for the clarification as this will certainly make many to read and recite.
        Varadarajan
        Dear Sir,
        Thanks for your compliments.
        I don't know whether this book is available now?
        But, I have already posted most of the content of this book like this.
        dasan,
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
        X