Live larvae in baby food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live larvae in baby food

n yet another blow for Nestle India, live larvae and worms have been found in their milk powder in Coimbatore.The Tamil Nadu food safety wing in Coimbatore tested the NAN PRO3 milk powder bought by a cab driver and the initial report by one of its food analysts found live larvae in the sample."My client purchased Nestle milk powder meant for infants, they saw small worms floating in milk. My client sent the sample to government lab, their report stated that 22 insects and 28 live larvae were found in 380 gram milk powder," said lawyer Sutheesh.He added that a complaint had been filed with the Food Safety officer and his client was looking into all legal avenues.Reacting to the report, Nestle India in a statement in Chennai, said the company had not been contacted over the milk powder issue either by the consumer or the authorities.
    "Our manufacturing technology excludes the possibility of insects living and surviving in the sealed package in which this product is sold," it said.Nestle said it was making every effort to obtain needed information to investigate the consumer complaint".Earlier, Union Health Minister J P Nadda had stated that appropriate action will be taken after all the states submit their reports on samples of Nestle's Maggi noodles.Union Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said the government had decided to file a complaint over the issue with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) to further investigate the matter as the FSSAI reports might take some time to come.This came after the Delhi Government banned the sale of Maggi noodles at all government-run shops, including Kendriya Bhandars, in the city.
    Last edited by bmbcAdmin; 06-06-15, 10:34.

Re: Live larvae in baby food

One good thing will happen due to these defective/contaminated snack items. More women will switch over to home cooking/preparation if they are sensible. Let us boycott the products of these companies.
    And,Sri.PSN, kindly remove the lines given below from your post. They are not relevent. By oversight you have not edited after posting. This happens when you save a word document onto your PC and then post it again. After saving we have to go through it once to see whether unwanted items are also saved,
    Please edit your post,Sir.
    The UP Govt. ban on Maggi noodles has opened a Pandoras' Box. Lots of skeletons will fall out of the cupboards of these multinationals out to make money at any cost from India.
    Let us increase our kitchen activity and stay healthy.
    varadarajan

Tummy Trimmer Fitness BeltRs. 499* Rs. 254Add to cartMahatma Gandhi Style Golden Pocket WatchRs. 895* Rs. 388Add to cart"

Comment

Dear mr.RV sir. Where are those lines in my above post. Idont see any such line. Could you please underline those lines to see by me.sorry for the inconvenience. PSN

Comment

Dear Sir,
        I am reproducing your post and underlining and highlighting the mentioned line. Hope it is clear now. Strange noone noticed nor commented!!!!
        R.V.

n yet another blow for Nestle India, live larvae and worms have been found in their milk powder in Coimbatore.The Tamil Nadu food safety wing in Coimbatore tested the NAN PRO3 milk powder bought by a cab driver and the initial report by one of its food analysts found live larvae in the sample."My client purchased Nestle milk powder meant for infants, they saw small worms floating in milk. My client sent the sample to government lab, their report stated that 22 insects and 28 live larvae were found in 380 gram milk powder," said lawyer Sutheesh.He added that a complaint had been filed with the Food Safety officer and his client was looking into all legal avenues.Reacting to the report, Nestle India in a statement in Chennai, said the company had not been contacted over the milk powder issue either by the consumer or the authorities.Tummy Trimmer Fitness BeltRs. 499* Rs. 254Add to cartMahatma Gandhi Style Golden Pocket WatchRs. 895* Rs. 388Add to cart"Our manufacturing technology excludes the possibility of insects living and surviving in the sealed package in which this product is sold," it said.Nestle said it was making every effort to obtain needed information to investigate the consumer complaint".Earlier, Union Health Minister J P Nadda had stated that appropriate action will be taken after all the states submit their reports on samples of Nestle's Maggi noodles.Union Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said the government had decided to file a complaint over the issue with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) to further investigate the matter as the FSSAI reports might take some time to come.This came after the Delhi Government banned the sale of Maggi noodles at all government-run shops, including Kendriya Bhandars, in the city.

Comment

Sri:
          Unwanted line removed from the original post.
          Admin

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
          please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
          Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
          Best Wishes and Best Regards,
          Dr.NVS

Comment

Thank you for your timelyy help as i pcould not do it on my own with my useless tablet..Mr. RV please make a note of it.

Comment

Working...
            X