Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLACES ON EARTH PEOPLE VISIT AT RISK-PART-I

Dear friends,
    Quite often we read about adventurous people doing something that is death defying. Climbing Mt Everest, walking across tall buildings on a rope without any safety ropes hooked to them in case of disaster etc.,.Similarly some love to visit places that require them to take a lot of risk as well as physical discomfort.

Our world is magnificent with beautiful natural wonders that attract several visitors right through the year. However, there are some wonders that can scare the living daylights out of you, or have you toying with the urge to flirt with death and disaster. While the common man might just say no to visiting these places, destiny defying adventure seekers know them only too well.
    We will see some such places in the next few posts. This is Part-I of the series.
    Varadarajan

PLACES ON THE EARTH PEOPLE RISK THEIR LIVES TO VISIT-PART-I

1. Trolltunga, Norway

Literally translated as Troll's Tongue, Trolltunga is one of the most spectacular scenic cliffs in Norway. It is 1100 meters above sea level, hovering 700 metres above Lake Ringedalsvatnet. The view is breathtaking. The hike goes through high mountains, and takes 8-10 hours in total (to Trolltunga and back), and the ascent is about 900 meters. The hike is usually possible to do from mid June, depending on when the snow melts in the mountains. Do carry an extra pair of pants if you plan on peeking over the edge.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1 of 13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	35598
    trolltunga

2. Siju Caves, Meghalaya

The Siju Cave in Meghalaya is the first limestone natural cave in India. It is also home to a flimsy rope bridge that connects the summits of two hills. Its wobbliness will make you freak out. Extra pants are always a good idea!

Name:	2 siju.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	35599
    siju bridge

Name:	3 siju.jpg
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	35600

cave

..........To be continued
    Last edited by R.Varadarajan; 14-06-15, 06:45.
Working...
X