Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felling coconut tree

Dear Sri Mama,
    Our neighbour has a 50yr old coconut tree which is creating nuisance and I requested them to remove it. They checked with their family elders and are saying that they can't cut it as its a kalpaka vruksham and cutting it will cause problems for generations. So they are asking me to cut it myself while they will not be at home and now I'm in a state of confusion as I'm afraid if it will have any impact on us. Can you please advise what prayachitta needs to be done for felling coconut tree and whether I can do it or should I force them to do it themselves.
    Thanks much

Is pariharam require to cut off a co co nut tree?

Originally posted by nandakumar View Post
    Dear Sri Mama,
    Our neighbour has a 50yr old coconut tree which is creating nuisance and I requested them to remove it. They checked with their family elders and are saying that they can't cut it as its a kalpaka vruksham and cutting it will cause problems for generations. So they are asking me to cut it myself while they will not be at home and now I'm in a state of confusion as I'm afraid if it will have any impact on us. Can you please advise what prayachitta needs to be done for felling coconut tree and whether I can do it or should I force them to do it themselves.
    Thanks much
    There is no such sastra for coconut trees as per my knowledge.
    When you are having doubt, you directly ask perumal by doing "Thiruvula Cheetu"
    Act according to that.
    Even though you are getting permission to cut the tree, before cutting it, plant a co co nut tree some where else.
    Or buy few co co nut tree and give it as dhanam to who are having space to plant it.
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
    X