Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• status of widows who remarry

Swamins
    I require clarification on the following. May be I am asking too many questions. I may be pardoned fo rthat.

What is he status of a widow who has remarried in the family .?
    Can she be considered as a Sumangali.
    Is she permitted to take part in homams as dharma patni?
    the question is more particular when the remarriage is not conducted with full rituals of our community. some convenient rirtuals only conducted.

Dasan Srinivasan

Re: status of widows who remarry

Originally posted by KSrinivasan View Post
    What is he status of a widow who has remarried in the family .?
    Can she be considered as a Sumangali.
    Sri:
    yes, she can be considered as a sumangali but not as per Shasta.
    Is she permitted to take part in homams as dharma patni?
    the question is more particular when the remarriage is not conducted with full rituals of our community. some convenient rirtuals only conducted.
    No second marriage is allowed for a lady, then there is no question of semi or full rituals.
    Shashra is suggesting some methods for a lady to get a child from a person other than husband
    to get a heir for her family but not allowing to marry again.
    I myself extended the above method to save an young girl to become sumangali.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Thank you so much for the clarification. I suppose the same is applicable even when the person who married the widow was unmarried at the time of the remarriage. what I wanted to know was whether she is eligible for participating as dharma patni in the rituals including last rites to his parents?
      Dasan Srinivasan

Comment

Sri:
        These kind of marriages can only create an "adharma patni" and by which one cannot get the eligibility to perform "dharma" kainkaryams.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Thanks very much swamin
          dasan Srinivasan

Comment

Working...
          X