Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salakramam

Dear Members

I would like to post about the dhanam received during Savandi (11th day of rituals).

My eldest sister went to an Astrologer someone suggested in her office, to find out the delay in the weddings for my elder brother (41 years) and me (36 years).

The astrologer told that one of our ancestors received Oil Dhanam during the 11th day (Savandi) and did not offer any pariharams for the same. The solution was to chant Gayathri to overcome that.

Now this triggers some confusions in our family. My eldest brother got a Salakramam as Dhanam during the savandi of our chithappa (husband of my mother's sister). Now everyone wants to leave the Salakaramam at a Temple or put into Sea.

Please advise what to be done on this situation.

Regards

Srinivasa Varadharajan

Re: Salakramam

my humble request is Salakramans are considered as Gods and hence please don't dump them. Instead offer prayers which will reduce your hardships.

People are dying to get salakramans to their house.. If you dont have salakramans in your house and dont offer pujas regularly no vaishnavite shall take food in your house (as per shastra)

Above is my opinion only.

readers may correct me if i am wrong

Comment

Dear Srinivasa Varadhan,
      Don't believe the verses of the Astrologer about oil dhanam.
      As per knowledge there is no oil dhanam in Sapindi which is on 12th day (not on 11th day).
      Yell (sesame) seeds will be given as dhanam.
      Also that is not that much pApam.

Secondly,
      Getting dhanam on the day of Sapindi will fetch some amount of PApam which can be cleared
      by doing gAyatri japam of about 108 to 1008 times.
      sAligram dhanam required only 108 time of gAyatri japam.

Don't put the sAligramam in sea which will fetch moe pApam for you.
      Give it to some one as dhAnam or to any temple.
      Better doing daily ArAdhanam to that sAligramam with little milk will get you lot of puNyam.
      nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by Cheenu View Post
        my humble request is Salakramans are considered as Gods and hence please don't dump them. Instead offer prayers which will reduce your hardships.

People are dying to get salakramans to their house.. If you dont have salakramans in your house and dont offer pujas regularly no vaishnavite shall take food in your house (as per shastra)

Above is my opinion only.

readers may correct me if i am wrong
        I 100% agree with Cheenu except the phrase found within bracket!
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

There is no paapam in accepting Danams - and one should chant required Gayatri Mantra that is all

The Saligramam shall at any cost not be thrown in the sea

If you are not in the habit of Salagrama arathanai, then you should have refused to accept this and might have taken some other Dhananms. Since you have taken the Salagramam pls try to perform Aradhanam to it - you can easily learn such quickly. If not please donate it to some one who really perform daily arathanai.

Getting dhanam will never ruin any one's life - If it is so, there will be no one to receive any Dhaanam and apparently nobody can perform the rituals. So one have to take it in positive means and proceed accordingly. If in future, if some one else in our family attains acharyan thiruvadi, who will accept Dhanams done by us....... So let us not think bad about the giving and accepting of Dhanams

Comment

Working...
          X