Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brahmins agraharams

பிராமணர்களும் அக்ரஹாரங்களும்

விட்டு விலகி வந்துவிட்ட விவசாயத்தை பற்றி பிராமணர்கள் இனி பேசுவதில் எந்த பயனும் இல்லை என்று உணர்ந்தபின்னர் அந்த பிரச்சார பிரசங்கத்தை எட்டு வருடங்களுக்குப் பிறகு தலைமூழ்கியது நம் வாசகர்கள் முன் மொழிந்து ஏற்றுக்கொண்ட விஷயமே. விவசாயத்தை மூடிய பிறகு ஜனவரி மாத முகப்பு தலைப்பாக நாம் தேடி எடுத்துக்கொண்ட விஷயமே அக்ரஹாரம் ஆகும். 'அக்ரஹாரம்' என்ற சொல் அருவருக்கத் தக்கதாகவும் ஆபாசமானதாகவும் கருதி பிராமண எதிர்ப்பாளர்கள் வெளிப்படுத்தும் வக்கிர மற்று உக்கிர ஆவேச பேச்சுகள் இன்றும் நம் சமூகத்தில் அமலில் உள்ளன.

இந்த, இடைப்பட்ட சுமார் 10, 20 வருட காலங்களில், நமக்கு சற்று ஆறுதல் அளிக்கும் ஒரு சிறிய முன்னேற்றம் ஏற்பட்டுள்ளதையும் நாம் இங்கு வெளிப்படுத்த விரும்புகிறோம். 'அக்கிரமகாரர்களின் அகம்', 'அக்கிரஹாரம்' என்ற விதத்தில் பேசிய துக்கிரி பேச்சுகள் நம் பிராமன உள்ளங்களில் ஏற்படுத்திய சலசலப்பு, அச்சம் மற்றும் தடுமாற்றம் தற்போது சற்று குறைய தொடங்கியுள்ளன. பிராமணர் அல்லாதவர்களை இழிவுப்படுத்தி ஏசிய, வீண் செருக்குடைய பிராமணர்கள் வசித்த இடமாகவும் சில அக்ரஹாரங்கள் இருந்தன என்பதை நாம் ஒரு பதிவாக ஏற்றுக்கொள்வதில் தயக்கமில்லை. ஆனால், மிகைப்படுத்தப்பட்ட, விரும்பதகாத, அந்த கண்டிக்கத்தக்க ஒரு அம்சத்தினுடன் இணைந்து அக்ரஹாரங்களில் போற்றி வளர்க்கப்பட்ட ஒழுக்கமும் கட்டுப்பாடும் அனைவராலும் சரியாக புரிந்துக்கொள்ளப்படவில்லை. அக்ரஹாரங்களின் இந்த அம்சத்தை சரியான முறையில் பிராமணர்களே உணர்ந்து கொள்ளவில்லை என்பதால்தான் அக்ரஹாரங்களைப் பற்றிய சரியான மதிப்பீடு அவர்களுக்குச் சென்றடையவில்லை.

'ஏதோ இருந்தோம் அக்ரஹாரங்களில்' இனிமேல் அவ்விதம் தனியாக வசதி இல்லாமல் வாய்ப்புகளை ஒதுக்கிவிட்டு கிராமங்களில் வாழ்வது சாத்தியமில்லை. இரண்டு பக்கமும் கோவில்கள் இருந்தன என்பதை தவிர மெச்சி கொள்ளும்படி அக்ரஹாரங்களில் என்ன இருந்தது. வம்பு சண்டையும் வீண் அரட்டையும் மட்டுமே கண்ட பலன். பக்கத்து வீட்டு மாமாவும் எதிர்வீட்டு மாமியும் பிராமணர்களாக இருப்பதினால் மட்டும் என்ன வந்துவிட போகிறது?

இப்படி எல்லா வசதிகளுடன் நகரங்களில் வசிக்கும் நல்ல வாய்ப்பு அக்ரஹாரங்களை விட்டு வெளியே வந்ததினால்தானே கிடைத்தது. அடுத்த தெருவில் ஆங்கில கல்வி, அமயம் சமயம் என்றால் அருகில் ஆஸ்பத்திரி, ஒரு அடி எடுத்து வைத்தால் மளிகை, பால், காய்கறி கடைகள். கண்ணுக்கு தெரிகின்ற தூரத்தில் சினிமா தியேட்டர், டவுன் பஸ், இத்யாதி இத்யாதி வசதிகள் இவையெல்லாம் இருக்கும் நகரங்கள் போல் ஆகுமா அக்ரஹாரம்? எதிர்வீட்டில் இமானுவேல், பக்கத்து வீட்டில் பக்ரூதினும் இல்லை என்பதால் மட்டும் அக்ரஹாரத்திற்கு போய் அங்கு இருக்க முடியுமா?

மேலோட்டமாக நோக்கும் பொழுது இதற்கு மிஞ்சிய உண்மை எதுவும் இருக்க முடியாது என்று தோன்றும் இப்படிப்பட்ட கருத்துகள் எல்லாம் புறம்தள்ளி ஒதுக்கaவேண்டியவை என்று நாம் கூறவில்லை. யதார்த்தங்கள், மறுக்க முடியாத உண்மைகளாக, சில தருணங்களில் நம் எதிரே முன் நிற்பதை நாம் ஏற்றுக்கொள்ளவே செய்கிறோம். அக்ரஹாரத்தில் வசிப்பதின் மூலம் பிராமணர்களின் வாழ்வாதாரத்திற்கு தேவையான கல்வி, வேலை மற்றும் மருத்துவ வசதிகள் பறிபோகும் நிலைமை நிதர்சனமான பிறகு, அக்ரஹாரங்களை விட்டு பிராமணர்கள் வெளியேறுவது தவிர்க்க முடியாத காலத்தின் கட்டாயமாக, ஆதரித்து அனுமதிக்கப்பட்டுவிட்டது.

Re: Brahmins agraharams

"எதிர்வீட்டில் இமானுவேல், பக்கத்து வீட்டில் பக்ரூதினும் இல்லை
    என்பதால் மட்டும் அக்ரஹாரத்திற்கு போய் அங்கு இருக்க முடியுமா?"
    ----
    இதற்கு பொருள் விளங்கவில்லை.
    இரு பிற மதத்தினர்கள் பக்கத்து வீட்டில் இருக்க வேண்டும் என்று ஆகிறது.
    அன்புடன்
    ஜி ஜி மூர்த்தி ஐயர்

Comment

Probably he mns that just because the opposite house and neighbouring houses are not occupied by people of other religions, can we continue our stay in Agraharams in these times, when everyone needs comforts, closeness to all amenities etc., as in a city.Present zbrahmin community is accustomed to present day comforts.
      Am I correct, Sir,
      Varadarajan

Comment

Just to enjoy comforts available in cities would u like to live along with a person who daily slaughter a goat before your house and a drink saaraayam .You must have read recent newspapers when almost all flat owners not brahmins jointly thrawted the attempt of the builders from selling the flats to nonvegitarians. Even when nonbrahmins are not prepared to live along with nonvegitarians why should we allow and invite other religion and pucca nonvegetarians to live along with us. Is it just for the sake of money. Are not you ashamed? Why brahmins alone must accomadate others.

Comment

It is not just for comforts that Brahmins stay with other communities in the cities. Is it possible in present time to make an exclusive colony or apartment in city for Brahmins. Even the municipal law wont allow this. I stay in Pune, Maharashtra. Here, a society cannot be registered if it does not have atleast 10% of SC/ST members. Further, when Brahmin choose to abondon their daily rituals, iis there any meaning in staying toather like so called old Agraharams

Comment

If it is not for comfort why then u r staying in a flat at Bombay instead of staying in a slum. Kindly let me know if your. Friend wants to have his lunch with a beef preparation by your side will u sit and have your lunch by his side. When all other communities. Crying hoarse even against selling a neighbouring flat to non vegetarians brahmins like u are in the forefront to destroy. Our community by talking all sort of nonsenses. If you want to live by the side of a gypsy(kuruvikaran) nobody is going to bother about. It has become a fashen nowadays for some brahmins like you as if they are most forward in nature and want to prove they are more than equal to non brahmins.

me

Comment

It is true when brahmins like you who ultimately abandon all rituals are still calling themselves as brahmins do not want to live in agraharams which are now extinct totally, all because of persons like you. Let your tribe increase in thousands totally to destroy brahmin community. Kudos to your bold action in advance.

Comment

Sir My comments were general and not about me or any particular person. In a city life where many of our fellow brahmin live, it becomes practically impossible to live in an exclusive place like agraharams. The reasons for for leaving village for city is well known and need not be discussed here.

It does matter that much where u live as long as one practices all nitya karmas as prescribed. Just because one live close to other caste fellow does not mean he loses to be brahmin. You may be aware that Kanchi mutt is situated near a mosque Mutt does not lose its sanctity just because of it.

Do not under estimate other by where he lives but see how much he follow the customs and karma.

Lastly I feel sad you are not prepared for a healthy debate. How a moderate like you who have posted more than 2000 comments put a donkey on my profile photo. It shows your level of thinking and does not in anyway denigrate me. I am proud to be a Brahmin and remain to be a Brahmin not for the name sake but by following as prescribed.

Comment

Dear Umasgk,
                  Let us not undertke a personal slogging.First moderators do not have the power of doing anything in this forum.Can't even have a look at a new member's profile!!! So also he cannot put a donkey in your avatar.Who chose it, only GOK!
                  Let the administration answer your query.We notice only the request to change your avatar.
                  And you quote situation in Poona as if it is a great model city.Everyone knows how Brahmins are treated in present Maharashtra.
                  IN APNA BHARAT MAHAN HOW IS IT THAT WE, THE HINDUS ARE QUESTIONED ABOUT AVOIDING MUSLIMS IN OUR MIDST TO LIVE, WHILE ENTIRE VILLAGES OF THEM DENY EVEN ENTRY OF NON MUSLIMS IN THEIR AREA.WHY?
                  BECAUSE ,AS PSN SAYS WE ARE SPINELESS.WE ELECT politicians out to make money for themselves only.
                  He is saying that, it is time for our community to first unite and then form a unified front.
                  Varadarajan
                  Last edited by R.Varadarajan; 23-07-15, 06:47.

Comment

Dear Varadarajan Ji

I intend no insult or slug to anyone. I hold all learned members at high esteem. Few people may be fortunate enough to live in Agraharam. Others are not that fortunate .My only point is pl. do not treat those brahmin live in other locality as non-brahmin as long as one follow brahmin dharma.

As far as unity is concerned, yes we are not as united as other communities. It is a sad situation.

I also like to have only clean and healthy discussion. I am new to this forum and donot know the right and role of moderator, So sorry to PSN (I have not uploaded that picture and hope admin would do amend to remove it),

Regards

Comment

Working...
                    X