• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification sought

Respected NVS Swamin,
    I seek a clarification.
    Two instances have vome to my notice.
    1.A brahmin girl got married to a non-brahmin.As per me the boy is not a brahmin, even if the couple has separated and not entitled to have Upanayanam under our rituals and practices.Am I correct?.
    2.A brahmin boy married a non -brahmin girl and got a son.He is also of the same category as the first case, or not.
    I seek the clarification o our learned elders as per our Shastras.
    varadarajan

Re: Clarification sought

Sri:
    yes you are correct
    no eligibility for both

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Thank you, Swamin.I was feeling as if I was alone having this opinion.Now I am clear.
      But what to make of the purohits who donot voice any objection when duch topicsnare indirectly raised ad feelers.I feel that they should boldly say the fact and deny to participate/officiate in any religiousceremonies for them under brahmin rituals.
      WILL THEY??
      Varadarajan.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Varadarajan View Post
        Thank you, Swamin.I was feeling as if I was alone having this opinion.Now I am clear.
        But what to make of the purohits who donot voice any objection when duch topicsnare indirectly raised ad feelers.I feel that they should boldly say the fact and deny to participate/officiate in any religiousceremonies for them under brahmin rituals.
        WILL THEY??
        Varadarajan.
        Sri:
        Sorry to say this,
        Now almost all families are having such relations.
        If a Bruhaspathi denies one occasion, he will be rejected by all linked families for all future functions.
        What to do, survival is greater than shastra? !

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
          Sri:
          Sorry to say this,
          Now almost all families are having such relations.
          If a Bruhaspathi denies one occasion, he will be rejected by all linked families for all future functions.
          What to do, survival is greater than shastra? !

Respected swam in. I don't understand your logic behind your reply. Do u want a. Purohit to conduct marriage between a brahmin girl and a dalit boy and also to take part in the feast prepared by dalits just for the sake obf money and survival. If a person of Sri. NVS standing says like that God himself will not be able to help brahmins. It is really a disgraceful argument. I don't want to add anything more.Let the tribe of such purohits increase in hundreds..God save our community.Better u could say that sastgras are to be thrown away into dustbins or even burnt to ashes.That will complete all vedic rites.
          Last edited by P.S.NARASIMHAN; 23-07-15, 10:32.

Comment

Sir I fully agree with the views expressed by Sri PSN. Money is not everything. . We expect Prohits (Vadhiyars) should be guided by what Shstras says.

Comment

Swamin,
              You are right to the extent that there are a large number of intercaste marriages.Strangely I find that it is the Brahmin girls who desert/disobey their fsmilies without listening to their advice snd marry a non brahmin.Most then in a few years rap the doors of court for divorce.
              But yo theit girls born, they adveryise for a BRAHMIN BOY! Why not san sc/st?
              And why should a brahmin boy run after a non brahmin girl?
              Their percentage must be less than 10% of households.
              What I say is, the balance 90% must decide what to do.Stick to Brahminism or ho with the tide and turn a blind eyr.
              I say, let us boycott the priests who officiate in such wrong liaisons, and our religious heads must vome openly with their views instead of concentrating on monotonously on daily poojsd and annadhaanam/ dhadhiyaaradhanaas.
              I seek the opinion of all our members.But I am sure that except a handful not many will participate by writing in tjis gorum.That is our weekness
              For example around 15 people have read this thread, but only four or five are participating in discusdions.Then why should we bother with discussing rituals? Let us talk politics then.
              A shame indeed.
              WITH sadness
              varadarajan.

Comment

Dear Swamins,
                I wish to state that 6 reply and 90 views are marked in this debate.
                So, viewers are interesting in knowing the subject and there is no idea
                or willingness to express. it may be or may not be. It doesn't mean
                that they are not interested. Last time, I have expressed some possible
                ways to collect enthusiasm among the viewers. That is still pending.

Healthy debates continue towards good subject-knowledge for the society.
                I appeal all the viewers to suggest or simply express something to establish their
                presence on the subject matter. Please consider my request.
                Thanks to all.
                ggmoorthyiyer

Comment

Dear Mr.Iyer. Let others do not show any interest We f more interested to know your views. than others.I don't want to misunderstand just because u Dr silent in this matter.We all look forward for your wise counsel and views instead of others who r known to be silent spectators.

Comment

ஶ்ரீ:
                    மொழிகளில் நான் மௌனமாய் இருக்கிறேன் - என்கிறார் பகவான்
                    பதிலால் அடுத்தவர் மனத்தைப் புண்படுத்தவேண்டாம் என்பதற்காகவோ என்னவோ
                    கடந்த ஒரு மாதமாய் அடியேன் இடது கையை செயல்பாடற்ற நிலையில் விட்டுள்ளான் பகவான்.

தற்போதைக்கு இதுதான் அடியேன் பதில்:
                    உலகம் ஆயிரம் சொல்லட்டுமே -
                    உனக்கு நீதான் நீதிபதி
                    மனிதன் எதையோ பேசட்டுமே
                    மனசைப் பார்த்துக்க நல்லபடி
                    கதை கட்ட ஒருவன் பிறந்து விட்டால்
                    கண்ணகி வாழ்விலும் களங்கம் உண்டு
                    காப்பாற்ற சில பேர் இருந்து விட்டால்
                    கள்வர்கள் வாழ்விலும் நியாயம் உண்டு

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Mr.Iyer. You are correct. If this thread is posted in another forum, there would have been hundred of viewers and replies. But why so sluggish in this forum alone. I do not understand, despite .our request. It is really shameful and I do not want to add anything more....PSN

Comment

Dear Sir,
                        I know several such marriages have taken place in my friend's circle.They are all friends and even bit distant relatives before such marriages. Here the question comes is it possible to cut their friendship and the relation ships for their wards mistake. Even if we want to do that what we can do at the most we can only restrict ourselves by not attending any of their family functions and vice versa.Is there a way to debar them from our society. There is a general opinion that if someone doesn't take part in discussions they are spineless or they accept such things. It is incorrect .The real one is that they cry within themselves. What one can do at the most is he can avoid such thing doesn't happen in their own family. I my self have avoided when i came to know that an alliance [for my son who is 37 yrs and still to get marry] whose sister got married with a non brahmin. The funny thing is that the son of the intercast married is studying vedha in Sankara madam school .what to say.I want to write much more but then what is the use of bringing such occurrences to the forum members and make them unhappy.

Comment

Sri:
                          100% agree with you Soundararajan sir,
                          Not only that, I am sure, major percent of our community are only "So called Brahmin" only if strictly referred with shastra,
                          There is no right to blame others by these so calleds.

Dr.NVS

Comment

கடந்த ஒரு மாதமாய் அடியேன் இடது கையை செயல்பாடற்ற நிலையில் விட்டுள்ளான் பகவான்.
                            ஸ்ரீ என்னவாயிற்று தங்கள் இடது கைக்கு தங்கள் இவ்வரிகள் கண்டு வருந்துகிறேன். தாங்கள் பூரண நலம் பெற இறைவனை மனமாரப் பிரார்த்திக்கிறேன்

Comment

Originally posted by soundararajan50 View Post
                              ஸ்ரீ என்னவாயிற்று தங்கள் இடது கைக்கு தங்கள் இவ்வரிகள் கண்டு வருந்துகிறேன். தாங்கள் பூரண நலம் பெற இறைவனை மனமாரப் பிரார்த்திக்கிறேன்
                              Sri:
                              Fallen down into 10feet water sump while getting up after cleaning it from the last step.
                              left wrist broken, hairline crack in spinal also,
                              pit may take another few months to back to normal.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
                              X