Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminiscences

Re: Reminiscences

In the aboue post I have posted some village agraharams for our youngsters to have an idea and where their grandparents lived and enjoyed free pure air .calm.and heavenly atmosphere and brought up their youngsters. The present generation cannot even dream about looking at such a beautiful zagraharams now let alone go and stay there even for a day or two. God save them all..

Comment

Yes Sir, you are right.Even these days when we can spare a day or two we stay in an Agraharam nesr Mayiladuthurai I ferl nostalgic.Youngsters will definitely not understsnd the atmosphere of these places now.
      Unfortunately these days many have sold out and these houses are demolished/rebuilt and occupied my Muslims in many plsces.
      Makes me feel sad..
      But those who continue to live there, feel extremely happy when we are in their midst.Hope they get a revival through NRI ZInvestments of their grand children.
      Varadarajan

Comment

Dear Sri Narasimhan,

By publishing the photographs of Agraharams of yore, you have rekindled nostalgic memories of how our forefathers lived in their days.
        I have been to Kalpathi in Palakkad and Senkottai in Tirunelveli Dt. Both the agraharams are quite active and occupied.
        தமிழ் தாத்தா Dr உ வே சாமிநாத அய்யர் தனது வழக்கை சரித்திரத்தில் (என் சரித்திரம்) அவரது காலத்தில் இருந்த அக்ரஹார வாழ்க்கையை மிக அழகாக எழுதியுள்ளார். அவசியம் படிக்க வேண்டும்.

Regards,
        Brahmanyan,
        Bangalore.

Comment

Dear Sir,
          Is the bok available now.who is the publisher? Please let me know where to get it.Iaminterested to read it.
          Varadarajan

Comment

My dear Varadarajan. Please look forward to my personnel message letter for where from I got thesephphotographs.PSN.

Comment

Respected Sri. Brahmanyan sir Thank u for your nice letter and very happy to note that. Your agraharams are active and occupied. Please request those who are living there not to sell their properties to others even hefty amounts are offered. Let us hope that days are not faraway to rebuilt our lovely agraharams if our NRIs take a vow to recover our lost properties. With all your blessings..PSN

Comment

Dear sri Varadarajan. Hope u must have received my reply to your query "Agraharam books"..With regards..PSN

Comment

Some more agraharams.

Comment

Working...
                  X