This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prasava Lehyam-As prepared in olden days by our elders

I remember my mother used to prepare prasava lehyam with 47 items of nattu charakku starting with manjal, vasambu, Kadukkai etc., etc., We have lost not just our time but also many values. This is one such item that we have almost lost. But I have a feeling
    that may be somebody who might know the 40 or so items that is required for preparation the lehyam.The few items I could recall
    is vasambu, kadukkai, masikkai surattu nilavarai, roja mokku, pinchu kadukkai, parangi chakkai, thesavaram kasa kasa etc etc.
    Can any one in the forum will be able to revive the method of this wonderful preparation. My mother used to put it under the sun
    to dry it completely and then heat it in a vanali before making it a powder with iron ulakkai. I hv done it. but hv now forgotten.
    Can anybody now come out with the names of these medicine and preparation of lehyam?
    VSR

good and useful information

kannan

Comment

Dear Rajagopalan,
      Timely good information.
      I try to post the method of preparing the Deepavali Lahiyam asap.
      I hope the both are same.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Bruhaspathi swamin
        Deepavali marundu is made up of abou t 11 or 13 item of Nattu marundu charakku. Whereas Prasava Lehyam has about 47 or 45 marundu charakku.
        I wonder why this number is always in odd numbers like 1 3 5 etc and not on 2 4 6 etc.,
        Awaiting some input

Best regards
        VSR

Comment

I saw the list of items for preparation for Prasava/Deepavali lehiyam with my father's old notebook. But i don't know how to prepare the lehiyam. i am giving the words in English, you may write these items in Tamil.
          Sukku- 50 gm, Chitharathai-50gm, parangi pattai-25 gm, kanda thippili-50gm, arisi thippili-100gm, vaayu vidangam-50gm, krambhu-50gm, vaal milagu-50gm, sathakuppai-50 gm, seeragam-50gm, perunjeeragam-50gm, kasturi manjal-50 gm, athimathuram 50 gm, virali manjal-50gm, adhi vidayam-50gm, kadukkai poo-50gm, sirunaagap poo-50 gm, thaalisa pathri-50 gm, kaattaathi poo-50, omam-250gm,ghee-1kg, honey enough quantiry.
          This much I know and forwarding to you. If i get the details of preparation, i will send you. Rajaganapathy Sarma, 9444682989

Comment

Important Ingredients of Deepavali Lehiyam

Important Ingredients of Deepavali Lehiyam - By Rajaganapathy Sarma.

Note:- Just I have formatted the above post for view ability -Admin [Font changed, Color changed, size changed, line breaks added, list option used for items]

I saw the list of items for preparation for Prasava/Deepavali lehiyam with my father's old notebook.
            But i don't know how to prepare the lehiyam. i am giving the words in English, you may write these items in Tamil.
            1. Sukku- 50 gm, சுக்கு
            2. Chitharathai-50gm, சித்தரத்தை
            3. parangi pattai-25 gm, பரங்கிப்பட்டை
            4. kanda thippili-50gm, கண்டதிப்பிலி
            5. arisi thippili-100gm, அரிசிதிப்பிலி
            6. vaayu vidangam-50gm, வாயுவிடங்கம்
            7. krambhu-50gm, க்ராம்பு
            8. vaal milagu-50gm, வால்மிளகு
            9. sathakuppai-50 gm, சதகுப்பை
            10. seeragam-50gm, ஜீரகம்
            11. perunjeeragam-50gm, பெருஞ்ஜீரகம்
            12. kasturi manjal-50 gm, கஸ்தூரி மஞ்சள்
            13. athimathuram 50 gm, அதிமதுரம்
            14. virali manjal-50gm, விராளி மஞ்சள்
            15. adhi vidayam-50gm, அதிவிடயம்
            16. kadukkai poo-50gm, கடுக்காய்
            17. sirunaagap poo-50 gm, சிறுநாகப்பூ
            18. thaalisa pathri-50 gm, தாளிசாபத்திரி
            19. kaattaathi poo-50, காட்டத்திபூ
            20. omam-250gm, ஓமம்
            21. ghee-1kg, நெய்
            22. honey enough quantity. தேன் தேவையான அளவு.

This much I know and forwarding to you.
            If i get the details of preparation, i will send you.
            Rajaganapathy Sarma,

Dear Sri.Rajaganapathi Sarma,
            Kindly introduce about you in the introduction forum
            where are you and what are you etc.
            Admin.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
            please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
            Dr.NVS

Comment

Super. But few more are there like Roja mokku pinchu kadukkai Surat nilavarai. I am trying to locate my mother's list. soon as i get it I shall post that also. But the quantity is equal as per my mothers note. that is one rupee edai of the olden system. But in the Ramasamy chetty kadai, In Sowcarper area, they said 10 grams of each should do.
              But this is super Mr.Rajaganapathy Sarma.
              VSR
              Last edited by vsrajagopalan; 17-10-11, 07:54.

Comment

Re: Prasava Lehyam-As prepared in olden days by our elders

I sent an e mail to admin, with that i attached some pdf information regarding preparation of Deepavali lehiyam in different ways. please publish in this fourm. Rajaganapathy sarma

Comment

Re: Prasava Lehyam-As prepared in olden days by our elders

Originally posted by Rajaganapathy Sarma View Post
                  I sent an e mail to admin, a
                  It has been uploaded and posted with PDF display at religious ->festivals ->deepavali
                  You can easily share your online PDF by adding the bbcode for that [pdf]url[pdf]
                  which is very simple.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
                  X