Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polyglotism

Polyglotism
    Polyglotism என்றால் என்ன? ஆறுக்கும் மேற்பட்ட மொழிகளைப் பேசும் வல்லமைகொண்ட மனிதனை இப்படி அழைப்பார்கள். சரி...ஒரு மனிதனால் அதிகபட்சம் எத்தனை மொழிகள் பேச முடியும்? ஆறு அல்லது ஏழு? ஆனால், அமெரிக்காவைச் சேர்ந்த திமோதி டோனர் என்ற 17 வயது இளைஞர் இந்தி, ஆங்கிலம், பாரசீகம், ஹீப்ரு, ரஷ்யன், ஸ்பானிஷ் உள்ளிட்ட 23 உலக மொழிகள் பேசி அசத்துகிறார். ஆங்கிலத்தைத் தாய்மொழியாகக்கொண்ட இவர், முதலில் ஹீப்ரு மொழியைக் கற்றிருக்கிறார். அந்த மொழி பேசுபவர்களுடன் அடிக்கடி தொடர்புகொண்டு பேசி, அதில் சரளமாகப் பேசத் துவங்கி இருக்கிறார். பிறகு, அதீத ஆர்வத்தில் ஒவ்வொரு மொழியாக 23 மொழிகளைப் பேச, வாசிக்கக் கற்றுக்கொண்டு விட்டார். ஒரு மொழியைப் பேச கற்றுக்கொள்ள இரண்டு வாரங்கள்தான் ஆகின்றனவாம் திமோதிக்கு. இது எப்படிச் சாத்தியம்? " ஒரு மொழியின் இலக்கணக் கட்டமைப்பைப் புரிந்துகொண்டாலே, அதைப் பேசுவதர்கு எளிதாக இருக்கும். குறைந்தது ஒரு நாளைக்கு 8 முதல் 10 மொழியைச் சேர்ந்த செய்தித்தாள்களைப் படிப்பதும் உதவுகிறது !" என்கிறார். - மொய் பைன் ( ஸ்பானிஷ் மொழியில் ' வெரி குட்' )!
    -- இன்பாக்ஸ்.
    -- ஆனந்த விகடன். 24-4-2013
    Posted by க. சந்தானம்

Re: Polyglotism

I think it is really God's Gift. Though he says Two weeks is sufficient to learn a new Language, I think it may not be possible for all. By the by I heard that our former Prime Minister Mr. P.V. Narasimha Rao was fluent in seventeen languages.

S. Sankara Narayanan
    RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Originally posted by gowriputran View Post
      I think it is really God's Gift. Though he says Two weeks is sufficient to learn a new Language, I think it may not be possible for all. By the by I heard that our former Prime Minister Mr. P.V. Narasimha Rao was fluent in seventeen languages.

S. Sankara Narayanan
      You are correct ji about Mr.PVN

Comment

Dear friends,
        A person who studied Sanskrit will find learning other foreign languages like Russian and German easy.While Sanskrit has 8 cases, Russian has six and German five?
        I studied Sanskrit till P.U.C.When I joined HAL Hyderabad, I did not know Telugu.To win a bet, I took it as a challenge and learnt to read and write the language in 2 months.Working with Russians everyday in the factory, since I could spare a lot of time ( beong a bachelor then) I picked up Russian.Then went on to Get my Senior Diploma in Russian, a 3 year course from Osmania University, passing with Distinction and first Rank in University.Then I did a 2 year course on French,2 semesters in Spanish, one year German..
        Now since my Grand dsughter is having Italian in 2nd grade, I am learning it by myself to converse with her..
        Of course English and Hindi are always there.
        One has to have the aptitude and desire to learn first,.only then learning will be easy..
        English, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Russian, French, German, Spanish, Italian. Next on target is Japanese, hopefully.
        Varadarajan
        With all this cluttering my head,Sanskrit is now pushed back and I have to relearn.
        Last edited by R.Varadarajan; 22-08-15, 20:00.

Comment

Dear Varadarajan Ji,

Thanks for your motivation. After reading your post I feel i should also learn some more language. I was also in Andrahpradesh during 1984 to 1997. I could able to learn Telugu only to speak. I have also learnt Sanskrit in my school days (privately) but had to leave uncomplte as I had to Go to Chennai for my further studies after S.S.L.C. Now also I can read and write sanskrit but cannot understand. I think I should first learn sanskrit again ( Mostly on line as I am presently in Nigeria) as learning sanskrit will be helpful in learning other languages afterward easily.

Please help me by suggesting some web sites where I can learn Sanskrit.

With Namaskarams

S. Sankara Narayanan
          RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Please help me by suggesting some web sites where I can learn Sanskrit.
            Dear SSN go through sangatham.com and http://www.chitrapurmath.net/sanskrit/sanskrit.asp both these will quench your thirst

Comment

Dear Gowri,
              Thanks for the compliments.For learning Sanskrit you may try this site too in addition to the one suggested by Sri.Soundarrajan.Try and give us a feed back. At the outset it looks organized

http://www.learnsanskrit.org

Comment

Originally posted by gowriputran View Post

S. Sankara Narayanan
                You said it. Yes Sri P V Narasimha Rao known for his "mounam", was in fact a Polyglot, who could fluently speak in 7 Indian languages (Telugu, Marathi, Hindi, Urdu,Oriya, Tamil and Bengali) and 6 foreign languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Persian and Arabic). and he was a scholar in Sanskrit. How ever, learning languages is indeed God's gift. I am a poor specimen in the subject of learning Languages. I tried my luck in Hindi, French, Urdu and Sanskrit (as my second language), but failed miserably ! I live in Karnataka (Bangalore) for the past 50 years, but could not speak Kannada fluently, (neither can I read or write in Kannada !). Mostly when I start conversing in Kannada, the other person tries to speak in Tamil or English with me.

Brahmanyan,
                Bangalore.

Comment

Working...
                X